2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

anyone buy forced performance turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 01:05 AM
Default anyone buy forced performance turbos?

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever bought a turbo or have sent their turbo to them for either porting or clip job. I purchased the evo 3 package which includes evo 3 big 16 g turbo ported and clipped, ported evo 3 ex. manifold and o2 housing. well i am growing suspicious on the work done because I had put it on my 90 tsi which i had bought , at 1st i didnt know that the motor was bad, i felt boost and everything until one day the car smoked alot (more than when i bought the car) i found out that i lost all compression. I purchased a jdm 4g63 , while doing the swap ,i noticed that when i took out the evo 3 16g , that there was oil in the comressor side of the turbo . regardless , i swapped on my jdm motor and installed the evo 3 16g. i ran the car all day to in away get it used to being on ,(who knows how long it hasnt been used) well the sucker pulls and no bluesmoke , but when i step on it for about a good 40 sec to a minute and then i come to a stop it smokes not heavy but still enough. then i notice that only when i spool the turbo up good that small line streams of oil run to the tip of my exhaust.could this be from the turbo having a faulty compresor? i'd appreciate your help thanx.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 AM

The oil when sitting is your motor burning oil, my TSI used to do it. But the turbine wheels sit or "float" on small pads of oil as a lube and coolant, so if it's leaking, you could assume it could be a bad seal/wheel.</P>

I plan on buying an FP turbo soon.</P>

Old 03-31-2004, 01:07 PM

Check to see if one of the oil lines to the turbo is kinked. Oil pressure may be building up in the line and flowing out via the turbo. If not, then colussus is right, the seals may be bad. You might need a rebuild, which wouldn't be a bad idea, but just make sure that you inform FP that it's leaking. They're great at customer service and may even rebuild it for you at a good price. They'll be able to help you out in making the right decision.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:31 PM

thanx , i'll let you guys know what happens , yea i,m guessing it will end up being a bad seal . I'll take it to the shop this week , i doubt is anything motor wise because the compression is really good and at jdm inc in canada where i bought the motor from told me they made sure that it was in really god condition. So far its really to strikes on it being the turbo since it has done this on two motors so far. I'll check it out at the shop, i'll get back to u guys .Thanx !!