2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Audio System in my Spyder Gst

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Default Audio System in my Spyder Gst

I have a gst convert. eclpise and i want to put a sound system in it but the trunk area is soooooooo small i dont kno what to put back there or in other words fit back there. so if anyone out there has a system in a convert. 95-99 eclipse post pics please. thankx

Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Default RE: Audio System in my Spyder Gst

you can take out your space tire and make a custom enclosure, otherwise you are probably out of luck. the good news tho is you can buy a tiny box and not lose much base because the car is so tiny it wil still hit hard

Old 10-11-2005, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Yep that's about the extent of it. There is a guy on E-Bay makes a good custom encloser to contain whatever you want actually. He also even cuts the Mitsu diamonds in it looks pretty hot (Would look hotter if there were plastic and neons in the cutouts...)

Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 AM

do you guys think a truck encloser would work good?¿

Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

It all depends how you set it up. If you put it in the trunk remember that bass has no effect until it bounces off something. So put it somewhere where the speakers are going to project into a wall or the seat backs or something.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:05 AM

till it bounces off something now if you have the top down all you will hear is som annoying trunk rattle. and with the top up a vibrating top and rear window. IMO I wouldnt do it in a spyder, but then again I cant stand LOUD BASS in any car for that matter

Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Actually the way I'd do it is secion off part of the trunk and make an enclosure out of it as well as soundproofing things. My trunk doesn't rattle at all except for my liscnse plate bracket (Cuz I haven't sound proofed it yet).

Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Actually the way I'd do it is secion off part of the trunk and make an enclosure out of it as well as soundproofing things. My trunk doesn't rattle at all except for my liscnse plate bracket (Cuz I haven't sound proofed it yet).

Dont you have a hatch?? the eclipse coupes are hatches that is why they dont rattle even with a cheap setup they barely rattle in a spyder it will rattle the same way you hear all the hondas rattleing down the road because the spyder has a trunk not a hatch

Old 10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

My eclipse is a hatch yes BUT I'm not refering to my Eclipse. I'm refering to my Sentra which ALSO has a trunk. I don't have a stereo in my Eclipse.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 PM

use a truck box... I got two crossfire twelves in truck boxes, an interfire amp, and an aux battery shoved in that little nook... the truck boxes were the best idea i've seen... Using the spare tire area sounds cool, but its nice to have the donut, AND the hump for the donut in the hub, makes it impossible to get a decent enclosure under there...truck boxes... just grab em out of some idiots lowered s-10...

^^

Jk!!!!!

Quick Reply: Audio System in my Spyder Gst