2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Block off plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Default RE: Block off plate

yea.I don't see my car knocking at all rigth now. As a matter of fact, it's running better than it ever has!!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:03 PM

thanks for the 2 pages and all, but is it me or does it seem a little "hostile" ( I use this lightly) in here.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 PM

It's not really hostile in here, just this topic. It's not just in here too, it's on all boards with all makes. The EGR is a touchy subject no matter where you go.

Just read through the lines and make up your mind on which route you would like to take.

That reminds me...let's keep it civil in here guys, both sides are good arguements, but that's all they are...arguements.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 PM

oooooooyou guys are in trouble [8D]

Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 AM

haha. i'm just giving your my story on mine. i have a 99 gs.. and like i told you it felt a difference. mostly the biggest difference i saw was a smoother acceleration.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Play Nice kids.
Opinions are ********, we all got one.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM

wat is NOX

Old 02-26-2007, 03:53 PM

i think it stands for carbon monoxide or dioxide or soemthing along those lines. just something bad for the environment.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 PM

You are horrible at staying on track so I am going to requote your original post. First off, you obviously dont know enough about the internal combustion engine to know that higher combustion temps = more efficient engines. Like I already stated, EGRs are to reduce emissions, they are not put on cars to increase engine efficiency. Whether they have any kind of insignificant effect is NOT the reason they are used on cars. Lower combustion temps = lower NOx, period. That is its only purpose. You also missed the fact that I agreed with you in saying that you should just leave it alone, and dont block it off beacuse it has no noticable benefits and just increases emissions by removing it or blocking it off.
not sure where you got that but of info, but Im afraid high combustion temps do not in fact make your engine more efficient. All that does is cause detonation, and eventually melted pistons.
and it is in fact a fact that EGR valves DO increase the efficiency of internal combustion gas engines. Originally (1971, etc), they did not. The EGR couldnt be well controlled, and neither could the fuel/ignition timing. Today, its a totally different story.
They reduce throttling losses greatly. They bring combustion temps down so that you can prevent pinging (and obviously the NOX that occurs over 2500 degrees). they increase fuel efficiency. They allow increased ignition advance due to slower burning of the flame front. Any of those things by themselves are considered "increasing engine efficiency".
I didnt miss the fact that you said leave it alone. Im just pointing out facts about the EGR and silly myths people seem to have about them.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

yea.I don't see my car knocking at all rigth now. As a matter of fact, it's running better than it ever has!!
thats because it has a knock sensor. its retarding the timing without you even knowing it.

Quick Reply: Block off plate