Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   CAR WONT START!!! HELP (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/car-wont-start-help-10506/)

ruserge88 05-12-2006 12:51 AM

CAR WONT START!!! HELP

i just got a new intake (not instaled yet), and MY CAR WONT START!!!
there is absolutly no power to the starter or anything else in the car... music works, all other electronics work... but key in the start position... power gets cut off, and car doesnt start... there is power in the ON position... but not in the START....
what do i do, how do i fix this?
please all the info you can give me!!!
THANKS in advance
Serge

edgeofsane 05-12-2006 05:00 AM

RE: CAR WONT START!!! HELP

Is your mass airflow sensor hooked up?

slow420a 05-12-2006 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: edgeofsane

Is your mass airflow sensor hooked up?
that wouldnt keep it from starting

Does the cel come up when you have it in the on position? If it does then it sounds like their may be a short some where. If you cut/spliced any wires anywhere check them out. Good place it start is if you put a new hed unit in the car. Also try resetting the car by removing the neg batt terminal for a few min. When ever you install a new part you should always reset the ecu. I would say maybe it was the instlation but thats a very simple install and its hard to make a mistake.

Sebba 05-12-2006 11:52 AM

Ok.. it could either be the solonoid or the starter. When you try and start it do you hear a little click? Or no click? If its no click then its your solonoid..if you do hear a click then its the starter

XTREME 05-12-2006 11:54 AM

I agree with Sebba but let's make sure your battery is charged first okay...?

XTREME 05-12-2006 11:55 AM

I agree with Sebba but let's make sure your battery is charged first okay...? Sometimes batteries will power your radio and other electronics but not have enough charge to start the vehicle.

Sebba 05-12-2006 12:11 PM

I dissagree. If it did not have enough power then the solonoid would click very rapidly.

gstTurbo2011 05-12-2006 05:39 PM

My car won't start either..it was fine 2 days ago..but then it rained..and it was just sitting in my driveway all day...the next day it doesn't start..my radio and electronics work fine. My engine even begins to start but then just stops.:(

Sebba 05-12-2006 05:53 PM

spark wires/plugs

gstTurbo2011 05-13-2006 03:40 PM

maby..but the car like begins to start...but then stops..so i don't think its my spark plugs..because wouldn't the engine not start at all?