2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

clutch and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Default RE: clutch and flywheel

i will try a new battery... but wouldnt it still start if i had jumper cables on it you think? or would a completely junk battery do the trick to kill the car? or is it more likely that something is loose? i think i should mention... after i installed the new clutch, when i first dropped it from the jacks.... it wouldnt shift... like it was in gear and i couldnt move the shifter at all to get it out... but i dont know if it was ever in gear or just actin dumb... also, up on the jack, the tires spun freeley.. but on the ground wouldnt budge(making me think it was in gear) then when we tried to jack it up... the jack slipped and the car dropped... not hard.... just a few inches... but when it hit the ground the car started rolling... haha.. it could now shift and roll around meaning it is neutral.. but wont start... just thought to throw that in... i will check the battery.. but any new deas? its in my shop rite now.. and i am at home... so i cant just go swap it... the cars like a half hour away. i just need to collect as much opinions and advise as possible b4 i got to check it out again. =) thanks

Old 10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Banned

Ok... do you have the clutch press in switch disabled? If not then i recomend doing that... and starting it and seeing if that works. There is a video on YouTube.com that shows you where it is... all you have to do is unclip the harness.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:16 PM

i dont think i know what your talkin about.. do you have the link... i am gona go look for it, but i f you got the link to the page it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned

Ok do you have to push in the clutch to start the car?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:30 PM

yes, but it wont start.. i took out the neutral safety switch and held all the brakes and it still didnt start or anythng.. it did the exact same thing.. just sit there.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Banned

Ok then i know why. I think the sensor has been fuged up.

Try reseting the ECU by unhooking hte battery for an hour... and then reconnecting it and crank the car. In the mean time i will try and locate that video for you.

What year is your eclipse?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1STI1Tw8ZI

Done

Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 PM

well, i will try that, if it works... that means the neutral safety switch is bad? then i have to replace it... now, i hate to do this to ya... but... if it is not the thing u just showed me... then what could it be after that?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 PM

and thnx for that link that is good to know!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned

then i will think about it when the time comes.

The sensor should NOT be connected any way. Its bad for the DSM engines to be started with teh clutch in because it makes the low oil rpessure problem worse causing increaced risk of crankwal.... i know you wont udnerstand that ... but dont worry

What year is your car?

Quick Reply: clutch and flywheel