2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

cutout !?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 AM

so my car always stuttered since i got it but it was the bov, i've known that for a while but after i changed that and the air filter it started bogging out really bad so i thought id backtrack and go back to the stock air filter and ya know how whenever you take off the airfilter there is that little silver aluminum mesh lookin crap on the intake between the end of the intake tube and your filter itself, i guess its a backup filter of some sort or something (correct me if im wrong please). but anyways part of that was all kinda smashed and laid over and blocking air flow... i guess i did it without noticing, so i removed the smashed portion and thats all, car runs good now. has a really tiny stutter i guess i got a small boost leak somewhere else but ill find it whenever i get more time. thought id share with you all so if somebody else posts with the same problem as me :P

and also is the aluminum part important for something ridiculous that i would never think of or can i remove the rest of it?