2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Default RE: dash

Ive got a full black interior and love it . I know alot have that grey interior also.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:18 AM

if ur gonna put a full black interior in, then dont pull it out and paint it, grab a black dash from a 2g and put it in, then paint the other panels, those are the easy ones... and paint those flat black, not gloss black, gloss looks like $hit in these cars, i painted my interior flat black and i always got compliments on how it actually looked stock

Old 04-01-2008, 02:21 PM

full black un painted from a totaled 2G would be the best bet.see all these hondas with spray painted interiors,alot of time they dont prep it,so it fish eyes,or flakes off.i have seen a few GSXs with dyed interior,that was hot,and looked factory.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:28 PM

there was no eclipse that was made with an all black interior... the only black they had was on the dash, and i believe on the top of the center console... the rest would have to be painted... and if you paint it with plastic paint, it wont fish eye or flake off

Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

there was no eclipse that was made with an all black interior... the only black they had was on the dash, and i believe on the top of the center console... the rest would have to be painted... and if you paint it with plastic paint, it wont fish eye or flake off
Yes there was. I believe it was the 98 or 99 Eclipses. Not all of course just a few. Black upper dash, black center console, black inner kick panels. Maybe it was the OZ edition, I can't remember, but there were some with factory all black dashes.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM

any paint will fish eye if it has oil from your hands on it,use prepsall wipe it down good then paint it.the seats you can dye though.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM

yea i saw a couple of those floating around the internet for sale....

Old 04-01-2008, 04:26 PM

your right the 1999 eclipse OZ edition came black dash,center,kicks,but the rest was stock color(tan in the pics i saw).my mistake,thank you for the correction.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: feonixwolf

any paint will fish eye if it has oil from your hands on it,use prepsall wipe it down good then paint it.the seats you can dye though.
Yup, I've seen a few of these, attempted painting of the consoles, and how they weren't prepped and how the paint would just flake off if I touched it. Ewwwww.
These were done by guys who were in some sort of rush.
Then there are the painted consoles that were highly prepped with sanding and how they look fiberglassed and have been this way for years and not a chip of paint has came off. Just remember that paint doesn't flex, so if you put it on a flexible panel and you constantly remove these panels, then expect it to chip and crack from the flexing.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

Mine is an all black interior including dash, center console, seats, all paneling, and doors. The only parts that are grey are the panels below the dash.

Quick Reply: dash