2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

data logger

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Default data logger

Hey guys... I need to find a good data logger to use with my laptop. I already have a cable, but all the data logging programs I have don't work with the 95 ecu because it doesn't use OBD2 or MUT protocol. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks guys

Old 04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Default RE: data logger

bump

Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM

ever look into the Zeitronix o2 data logging system? or ever thought about DSMLINK?

Old 04-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

if you were just looking for a logger you could have used a palm pilot for only $100-150 by using the pocketlogger.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Hey guys.. Thanks for the replys. The problem is I want to use my laptop. I don't have the best eye sight. (laser surgery through the army will happen one of these days)... I have evo scan but it doesn't work with my ecu. Neither does digimoto, nor TMO. It really is depressing... anyway.. I just ordered a socketed eprom ecu with stage 3 chip from dsmchips. So I'll try that out for awhile before thinking about dsmlink. I had a AEM EMS, but never got around to installing it because of the time needed to tune it... any other suggestions guys. Basically, with every program I use, it will either not connect to the ecu (time out) or it will connect and then disconnect within about 15 seconds. This weekend I'm planning on seeing if its a problem on my end by tracing the wires from the connector to see if anything is frayed or if something is disconnected. Any help would grately be appreciated. Thanks guys

Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

If you have TMO and its not working then its gotta be a problem on your end becuasethat program DEFINETLY works with the 2g OBDII

Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Hey guys... There is not a problem with the wiring. I spent 2 hours tracing the connect to its terminal sources. absolutely no breaks, chaffes, or cuts... I was talking to Jeff at dsmchips.com( I'll post another post with the chip/ecu combo I ordered and how it works) and he said that the 95 ecu is somewhere in between obdII and obdI and uses the 9141 protocol...so most of the dataloggers don't support it. The only reason dsmlink can data log all dsm's is because it uses a different protocol (per their website) that they have designed themselves.... so maybe I'm just out of luck... as far as a pc datalogger... pocket logger will probably work, but then I have to buy the palm pilot and the software... any other suggestions would be most appreciated.. thanks guys.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

here is another option for the laptop software
http://www.obdloggers.com/mitsubishi.htm

Old 05-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

also you could try getting the logger setup w/ palm pilot here
http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds...1544&cat=2

Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM