Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Doors dont want to open from the outside! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/doors-dont-want-open-outside-39049/)

midnighteclipse97 03-31-2011 02:21 AM

Doors dont want to open from the outside!

The Doors On My 97 Eclipse Dont Want to open. I noticed that when i tryed to open the driver side door it didnt want to open so i went to the passenger side and it too didnt want to open even tho the doors are unlocked i ended up having to crawl threw the hatch just to open the door. I got the door open i tried to see if the power locks would help fix the problem for the outside door latch but they would lock for like a second then unlock. So i cleaned The the device that it's connected to and now the power locks work but i still cant open the car from the outside. It never gave me any problems till i put in this sony stereo. Could that have anything to do with the Door Locks? OR could the door rods inside the door just be rusty? any advice would really help me fix the problem!:confused:

Sebba 03-31-2011 03:49 AM

How are we meant to know?

Pull it apart and take a look.

FlipSideGrafix 04-03-2011 02:33 AM

lmao i just went through the same thing besides i broke my driver side handle

how to fix-

1. take off the door panel (pretty easy)

2. undo the bolt in the door handle (on the end of the door)

3. there's another bold on the inside right in the middle of the handle, how to get to it i have no idea, my original fell out so i got to skip that.

4. take the door handle out, there should be 2 rods connected (1 handle 2 key lock)

**if one isn't connected than check the clip on the back of the door handle (this happens alot) if so try to put a ziptie around the clip, Done, put it back together

5. if the clipps are fine than check to see if there is anything stopping the handle rod.

**if so wd40 works best (careful for wires)

6. now this sounds kinda dirty but if the rod is loose put a small bolt in the end of the rod than put it together and give it a shot (worst thing can happen is you need to take it back apart)

--------------------------------------------------

this covers all problems door handle relative, (i feel like a pro)
feel free to addon

rcole11 12-04-2017 09:03 AM

Believe it or not, I did the bolt thing in the actuator for the door handle exterior, it was a pain in the b*** but I finally got the rod to work with the handle and it now opens from the outside. I am experiencing the quick lock and un-lock when using the automatic switch in the door. However, the manual door lock (drivers side) will lock all the doors and set the alarm. When locked using the manual drivers door, the key will not turn to unlock the car. I feel like I need to attempt to take out the actuator completely to assess what's holding it back. Once Again However, when you close the door and lock it from the outside the car locks and unlocks just fine, but does not set the alarm/security system. I am quite puzzled.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
rcole11

Widgmaster 12-10-2017 09:43 PM

It may be a little late for a possible fix but here goes.. You said you installed an aftermarket stereo... I believe the alarm system is tied into the OEM Radio... Check with your local Mitsubishi Dealer to see if this might be the case.