2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

dsm link hp max?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Default dsm link hp max?

hey guys, i'm gettin as much info as i can right now for my soon to come newGSX. I was probably gonna go with DSM link, but i was talking to a friend of mine who suggested that i got with a stand alone system. i'll be pushin apx 500whp daily driver, but going to give myself the option go turn it up to 600 when i feel itchy. would DSM link be fine for that HP rating?

Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned
Default RE: dsm link hp max?

DSM Link, from what i can understand is usually used in setups 500hp and lower. Its used as a step up from SAFC-II. The reason for it is the whole MAS change over to the GM MAFT.... due to it restricting things. So what im trying to say is there really is no limit to it. You could achieve that amount of power with it but it would be easier to do it with say... AEM EMS.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:34 PM

that is what he said, that because of the MAF i would have to probably use DSM link, however i just was looking at this today, im not exactly sure of the function but if i am guessing correctly it eliminates it. if you have time, take a look at it and let me know. if i could run this eliminator and stll use DSM link that would be great, save me a grand + tuning. thanks

http://www.4g63.cimotorsports.net/ - not sure if this takes you directly to the site or not but if not, just click on the left side list under "Fuel & Intake" then click on MAF Translator. thanks.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

That would work fine. That is what alot of people will go with is the GM MAF and a translator to help with better flow

Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Yeah... agreed. But also keep in mind the functionality of the AEM EMS. You can actually program it to create its own fuel maps... you set the a/f ratio you want and drive the car... and it maps it out for you... all kinda cool stuff like that.

What im trying to explain is that you can have much more power with the EMS rather than DSMLink. The extra features will unlock more hp on the same setup. All depends what it is that you want to do

Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 PM

ok... just an apx guestimate. . . what do you think tuning would cost to get the EMS up and running?

Old 01-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

quick answer...not cheap. The real trouble is first finding a place that will do it. Then the cost will be on an hourly basis. I would figure on around 500+. But thats a rough guess. It will probably be more. I would just stick with dsmlink for what your working with.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 PM

I use Link and so do many of the cars at the shop I go to. One of the cars is a 732AWHP car. AEM you can do more with, but it is not so good for a DD, and horribly expensive. You have to tell it how to run every aspect of the engine, just to get it to start, and from what I hear good luck with DD idle. Sebba you are right in that custom fuel maps can be created, but it is not as easy as picking a A/F ration and letting EMS do the rest. Normally an EMS tuner worth anything will charge 175+ per hour, and you won't be able to "tweak" it yourself. You don't like something or change something then you have to take it back. With Link, read the manual, watch your car being tuned with it, have some basic tuning knowledge and you will be suprised at what it can do. Not to mention DSMLink fourm, built basicaly for support for Link and our cars. If you run intoa snag hop on line and your question will probably already been answered or will be if you ask. IMO unless this will be a track only car, and you have a couple of thousand dollars to spend (EMS, sensors, tuning), then go with Link.

EMS $
Sensors $
Tuning $(3+ hrs to get her going)

Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

Wrong again. When buying the AEM EMS the tuning itself is FREE! Yes, thats right... FREE. However... you have to pay for dyno time!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM

right sebba, buschur racing does it that way.

Quick Reply: dsm link hp max?