2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

EBAY RIPOFF

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Default EBAY RIPOFF

Ok probably the wrong place to post but this is where I'm at and I trust most the peoples knowledge on this side of the forum. I got ripped off on ebay $625 of broken parts. Parts that I havent tested a 1st gen head & a Coil On Plug Setup.... Broken parts are:

http://www.4g64.com/users/raycer97/1g_parts.htm

this guy goes by the ebay name: Thechopshop1234

I reported it to ebay, and the IC3 but nothing! I paid through money order outside of ebay but It was my first ebay purchase, didn't know what I was doing. Any advice?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Default RE: EBAY RIPOFF

can you post a link to the actual auction you won?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:16 PM

thats the problem, I found the dude on ebay but I sent him a money order he sent me this ****. I wassen't sure how the ebay thing worked he had all the parts in diff auctions, so i emailes him he gave me a price and an adress to send it. He don't answer or respond...Yes stupid me but damn. He lives in Corbin, KY if anyone lives around there help would be coo.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

You need to file a dispute through ebay right away. Because you only have up to 60 days after the purchase date to do it. Here is the process
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Follow any steps they tell you and make sure you go though it right. Read the FAQ's on ebay and hopefully it will work out. They usually refund a curtian amount. I dont remember how much.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 AM

I already went through that but they cant since it wassen't through auction. Any other ideas? I don't know if a police report will help but damn I want to beat the **** out this *******. I wouldn't doubt if people on this board bought from him he sells a lot of dsm parts. Let me know if theres any other steps

Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

what do you mean it wasnt through auction. Like it was a Buy it Now or something?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:36 AM

I bet he means it was a outside transaction. Like through email or ebay messages. No auction actually took place. Because of this i doubt ebay will do anything about it

Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

I live on Owensboro, KY, about 3.5 hrs away from Corbin. I will tell you I know eactly what it feels like to get fuc#ed over on Ebay. I have bought 4 out of 5 of my cars on Ebay and all have been great except for 1, and I can only blame myself for being so stupid and blind through it all. I bought a fully modified 95 GS (mostly cosmetic...body kit, interior, etc...) Anyway, he lived in California at the time and told me he has had all the work done to the car from this body shop that was supposedly huge, and been on MTV's pimp my ride multiple times. Well I guess he was friends with the owner or something and helped me get a deal on the installation of 2 TV's, a new front bumper, new front fenders, and a new paintjob. All sounded great at the time. The total selling price on ebay was $3,800, the cost of all the labor and parts I just listed was around $1,500. Keep in mind he swore the car was in GREAT shape and it was sponsered in magazines and so on, well after all the work was done I decided to have the car shipped to me, ran me about $700 to have it shipped to a drop off point right down the street from my work. Well thinking I was going to go pick up a pretty good looking car, I ended up seeing just the opposite. The paintjob wasn't the greatest(which I already expected), it had a carbon fiber hood(with 2 cracks!), a carbon fiber hatch(rear defrost didn't work), and the clearcoat was worn to hell and looked like crap on both, and the car had no gas, or OIL! It had a bad exhaust leak, all the panels in the car felt loose like it was just half *** slapped back together after they tore it all apart to install the TV's. For the record it was an automatic, but get this, even the shifter didn't lock into gear when you put it in drive...it would just kinda slide into place. I will just put it like this, I called him on the spot and said what the hell is going on, he insisted he had no idea what I was talking about and the car was in good shape. When I got to the gas station I popped the gas door, but when I went around the car it wasn't open, so I wen't back and repulled the lever, still nothing, I then had to wedge my key in the crevis so it had some tension so the door opened when I pulled the lever. I was PISSED at this point!

I did hold $1,000 back on the car payment in case this happened, and when I told him I wasn't sending him the remaining $1,000, he got pissed, actually started threatening me acting like he was going to have some friends "pay me a visit", wrong move pal! I told him to go ahead and try it bud, I will have 3 times as many people wanting to say hi right back at em. But here's where I ended up getting screwed out of the deal the worst......when he shipped the car he never put the title in the car, and when he found out I wasn't paying the remaining $1,000 he never sent the title. So not only do I have a car that needs a ton of work, it also has no title, and To this day he wont return any calls I make and avoids all contact with me. Ohh yeah, one more thing, during the whole ebay auction he was in the middle of moving from California to Las Vegas, so he's not even in Cali anymore. And just to make it even better, all of the extra work I had done to the car paint...fenders....tv's..etc.. was all discussed over the phone, no emails = no proof! So yeah, it was the hardest lesson I learned, and I will ALWAYS make sure I have records of everything I discuss or make deals about.

You have no idea how much I want to fuc&ing kill him, fo rpulling this, I talked to his wife once on the phone, and imediately asked for him, when I heard her give him the phone the call ended. If I coud go back I would've started explaing what he did, because I dont think she knows that he completley fuc&ed me over like he did. This just pisses me off even more talking about it! AHHHH!

Here's a link to the car and his profile when he had it for sale on cardomain.com, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/461259

Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM

I have emails and even all the proof I need. Even where he said he will refund my money if there DOA. Thats sucks. Thats the same exact thing this guy does to me ignores my calls, emails, everything. Is corbin a civilized place or is it like a small town with like a sheriff? because im thinking about contacting the police department over there. Is there any way I can get this to a court room? Wi_Fibre can't you take him to court because thats considerd an oral contract. I have writtin email proof and copies of everything

Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM

Ya, ive seen this a few times on cars I was gonna try and buy...

They will post a car for sale, then when you email them like they want you to, they will take it off of ebay (Making it no longer an ebay transaction). Then they will send you fake pages that look like legit pages.. They will also say the car is in storage somewhere.. But you have so many days to send it back if you dont like it(trying to make you feel safe). Then when you transfer money by money order(Which ebay strongly urges you not to do, b/c they dont back it up that way..)

So then your screwed because some jackass takes your money and doesnt give you anything... Ive seen this a couple of times, once on a Supra, and another on a GSX.. Both to good to be true ads on ebay.. Anytime it looks to good, it usually is...

Quick Reply: EBAY RIPOFF