2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

BACKFIRE THROUGH INTAKE.. WONT START..PLEASE HELPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Default BACKFIRE THROUGH INTAKE.. WONT START..PLEASE HELPPPPP

alright u can delete those other post cause my dad and i went out this time and checked for spark with a different spark plug.. we held it like half inch from headers and spark jumped... on all of them..and i also got another coil pack but wont hook up to my msd one..but i guess i dont need it... but alright so my dad told me to HOLD GAS DOWN while cranking it over..and finally after cranking for a while it sputtered and stalled...done it again same thing... dont it again then it backfired through the intake.. So Any HELP?? MY EXHAUSt IS BLACK..AND my AIr/FUEL ratio says rich..my GAS SMELLS RICH ALSO....SO IDK IF THIS COULD BE ANYTHING..IDK IF ITS CAM SENSOR,CRANK SENSOR,Fuel relay,ASD relay,,OR WHAT....but IM SO pi**ed at the car lol.. alright.. So.. the car cranks but wont start.. its getting fuel..spark. compression I HOPE.. mabye timming it needs but im not sure hope not cause then my vavles might be messed up.. but Here is a list of my engine mods if it helps: MODS:
ENGINE:
sheet metal intake mainifold
cold air intake[/align] Rebuilt engine w/ less than 200 miles
BORED OVER .20 w/ all new topline internals, bearings, pistons....
ported throttle body
polished crank[/align] Short shift Kit " 5 spd manual"
msd ignition
Megan racing headers
Full 3 in exhaust, with YONAKA motosports a 5 in half in tip.. " souds amazing"[/align] msd coil pack
aem fuel rail
aemcam gears
aem hoses

Alright so if anyone can help me wiht anything it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED....or any advise..thanks.. iv had this car for like a month not working...making me and my dad mad..ha..summer is almost gone and i would like to have it.. THANKS.. ASK me for any other info ill get u all that i can..
[/align]

Old 07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Default RE: I NEED HELP ASAP bEFORE I PUT MORE DENTS IN CAR..WONT START!!!!!

i would say do a compression test and check your timming

Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 PM

do i have to take my car somwere or can i find somone with equipment thanks

Old 07-13-2007, 11:48 PM

Man... you're being so stupid with this.
You told me that car recently got a new motor... like 200 miles on the motor.
And you told me a shop did it.
Anyone with any sense would send the car back to the shop and say "Why the f*ck is'nt it starting!"
Any shop that does an engine job puts a cash customer on high priority.
What if they did'nt torque the head bolts enough and you blew your head gasket? Thats on their ***. What if the tech broke a wire somewhere?

God damn.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:09 AM

DUDE JOSH= thanks for help and all... but i told u its been a while so there not responsible anymore..idk about from were u are but in missouri were i am its like that.. so let me know if u can help me some more.. thakns...

Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 AM

hey josh my head gasket was blowen for ever and it never did what he is saying...so easy on the newbs....that what u told me yo...remeber ...take a chill pill yo...DAM

Go beat your monkey...hahahhahhahhahahha

all he is doing is looking for help and u are just blowing him off that is not cool yo

Old 07-14-2007, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

hey josh my head gasket was blowen for ever and it never did what he is saying...so easy on the newbs....that what u told me yo...remeber ...take a chill pill yo...DAM

all he is doing is looking for help and u are just blowing him off that is not cool yo
If you had any idea how many IM's i've gotten in the last 3 weeks from this kid, you'd be pulling your hair out as well.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Joshewuhh

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

If you had any idea how many IM's i've gotten in the last 3 weeks from this kid, you'd be pulling your hair out as well.
You should see the IMs I get lol... from so many diff people I dont even kow where they are from. I actually stopped signing on AIM most of the time because they think AIM is there personal forum to ask me to help hahha.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:59 PM

you guys should make a point on the forum to ask questions only in the forum not on messengers....i'd go crazy and change my name.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:41 PM

DUDE THANSK 5oul= DUDE ur freaking awsome...thanks alot BRO... but yea the others THANKS FOR HAVING A CONVO ON MY FORUM IM LOOKING FOR HELP...THAT DOESNT HELP ME...BUT 5oul ur alsome.. thansk bro... ANYONE GOT HELP THANKS

Quick Reply: BACKFIRE THROUGH INTAKE.. WONT START..PLEASE HELPPPPP