2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Electrical mess, spaghetti like....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Default Electrical mess, spaghetti like....

All right so, due to the lack of an electrical forum, i will post this lightining problem here on the eclipse forum guys, hope you dont mind... As you all know, im restoring my own RS (98) that an ******* before me treated like sh*t, just for the sake of the 2g beauty... But i came across a pretty problem today at electrical class while we were studying the external lightning.... Here are the symptoms:
1.- I have the 20amp fuse out of the turn lamp socket cuz whenever i put it in no matter where the lever is, it will always keep the left turning lamps (and the flasher) working.
2.- When i turn on the hazards it works just fine.... but then i press on the brake.... and nothing but the led lights on the wing turn on
3.- Left side doesnt show the stop light, unless you mess up with the cables (prolly a short circuit in which im gonna work tomorrow to find it out and clean it throughly).
4.- When i have full lights on, the left front quarter wont turn on... but it however does on previous stances....

I talked with Ron (RCJ) about this before and im gonna junkyard for a new lever and the lil black box at the end of it... but im not too convinced about it being the problem, since the stop lights are also a mess.... so if anyone has ANY idea whatsoever what could be, or if anyone has came across this before, or if someone with a haynes or chilton could be kind enough to scan me the wiring diagrams (makes it MUCH easier) i would be ETERNALLY thankful!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Default RE: Electrical mess, spaghetti like....

Hey i got the wiring diagrams....i'll scan them up for you...im getting them from my chilton book

Old 03-29-2007, 04:04 AM

but i'll try to get them up before i go to bed...cool

god i love helping people out

Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 AM

hahaha thnx and god yes i love being helped out... sorry for the delay though, i have visits over ^_^ no but seriously im sooo grateful cuz the electrical mess is really a pain in the ****

Old 03-29-2007, 04:50 AM

well let me get my head together smoke a cig. drink some coffe...and i'll scan those for you k....i would of already past out cause i'm so drunk but guesse what i drinking coffe to help you so be back in like 5 min

Old 03-29-2007, 05:00 AM

Oh sure, trust me i can wait as long as i have it..... trust me, it feels like my baby its incomplete or something, its just soo messed up its not funny anymore hahaha

Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

but i'll try to get them up before i go to bed...cool

god i love helping people out
in that case, i need 20 bucks jk lol

Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 AM

lol eclipse no money needed here.....for friends of this website only

Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 AM

ok this what i have for you...pages look kind of werid....not riping an pages out of my book to scan ...so this is the best i have

Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 AM

Lol he was replying to your "i like to help" by asking you for some money....can u spell abuse? hahaha jk

Quick Reply: Electrical mess, spaghetti like....