Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   engine fuse blows NEEP HELP! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/engine-fuse-blows-neep-help-31066/)

dejayou2 01-24-2009 03:35 PM

engine fuse blows NEEP HELP!

i have a '95 eclipse FWD 420A non turbo. one day i was driving down the highway and my car just died. we eventually noticed everytime you try to start the car it blows the "Engine Fuse" in the engine compartmant.. sometimes it will start and idel and you can drive it around, then it could randomly pop the fuse and the car dies.. and some times it jsut wont start cause the fuse keeps popping.. ive searched every where for some answers and tried alot of stuff on my car...and suggestions or answers????

estraw 01-24-2009 03:58 PM

RE: engine fuse blows NEEP HELP!

its kinda hard to diagnose electrical problems without having the car. best bet, if you know anything about electronics, is to get a wiring diagram and a multimeter and start tracing the circuits. you probably have a short somewhere.

dejayou2 01-24-2009 04:05 PM

ya i know about electronics and have a voltmeter...wouldnt happen to know what circuits the fuse runs? or could a faultysensor blow the fuse? ....i have a haynes book but it doesnt show much for wiring diagrams

estraw 01-24-2009 06:08 PM

not exactly sure for your car, once again, thats something you would need an electrical diagram for

2slow 01-24-2009 10:48 PM

is it the maxi fuse under the hood or under dash blade fuse ?

it seems you have a open ground in your ignition system that is linked to your engine fuse.

dejayou2 01-25-2009 07:10 AM

ya i guess it a "Maxi" its bigger than most fuses. "they refer to it as a fusible link".....looks like a tiny box..its under the hood in that fuse box..but i dunno about the ignition.. it says theres an ignition switch fusible link...and the one that keeps blowing is the one marked engine.. isignition and engine fuseconnected?... i was told the engine fuse ran the fuel system ignition coil and PCM.....and where the heck do you find a wiring diagram usefull enough it will actuualy work ha..

dejayou2 01-29-2009 08:18 AM

anyone have any answers or more suggestions?????? still not running

monsterbishi 06-05-2013 03:14 PM

hey im having the same problem and was just wondering if you ever figured it out

Akzle 06-06-2013 07:23 PM

fusible links are a piece of wire with a plug at each end. Usually quite close to the battery. It doesnt sound like your problem, but pull em one at a time and test continuity across them.

I think you hav a short on ignition circuit (same as other thread)
diagram not strictly needed. Patience certainly is.
An auto test light will do in a pinch, but i prefer a multimeter.
Ground one end, and start poking wires...