2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Engine Hopping

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Default Engine Hopping

WhenI left off the clutch a lil and give it a lil gas like im inching forward,I hear this pounding sound like im rinding on bear rims and they have flat spots and im trying to do a burnout. It only happens in first gear.Umm you ever rev you car up and dropped it into gear and heara loud pound its like that be faster. I check the motor mount my front mount bolt fell out replaced itand I just changed my trans mount, changed the master cylinder cause it was leakin. still happens. I can't get it to too it all the time I noticed it happen often in stop and go traffic where im constanly hit and lettin off the clutch, also when the ground is wet Ill get it.I at a point where Im jerkin the carbecause im lettin off the clutch too fast or burnin up the clutch, justso it won't happen again. I tried have them look at it at work 3 techs couldn't get her to act up. There prognosis is that I can't drive a standard. I'm thinkin its something with the crankshaft. IDK

Old 01-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Engine Hopping

sounds like your not letting off the clutch right and the engine is about to die. Maybe the mechanics are right

Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Thats what I thought at first so I gave it gas one time and it just speed up the noise, the when I let off I hears something like the clutch/flywheel lwas still spinng like they're warpedIDF'n Know.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:50 PM

so when you rev w/ the clutch in and dump it like ur gonna do a burnout it still makes the sound? also, when you let the clutch out does the car jerk?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Yeah but just once. I was using the burnout as a referecen to the sound. It jerks onlywhen I left off the clutch to fast then give it gas.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:16 PM

so nobody but you can get it to make this sound and do what it's doing... have you had a friend try to drive it? or anybody else but the shops?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Yes zeeer!I sound crazy huh? It rarely happens but I noticedit happen more so whenin stop andgo traffic, lights, stop signs, parking lot.I can get sometimes when other ppl are in the car with me but for them to do it they can't, my mom is always stallin the car (she' forgets to downshift and tries to take off in high gears), oneofmy other friend is always burning up my clutch (she'll slowly start to let off around 2,500 rpms[:@]and keep down on the gas paddle)

Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM

My head hurts from trying to understand that...

Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

Sounds like wheel hop.... and you need to learn how to drive lol

Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM

why dont you get a tech toride in the car with you.....most will if they arnt busy....and recreate the problem in the parking lot (cuz that sounds like where it usually happens) and do some stop and go driving?

Quick Reply: Engine Hopping