2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Default engine swap

Hello mitsubishi world, i admit that i have big dreams for my 95 eclipse GSX. but its ok becuase i love my car and basically have wanted this type of car since i was like twelve. I am planning on doing a 6g72 TT swap into my car, then i will sell the stock turbos and planning on buying either to T51 or T76 Turbos for it. I will of course just build the engine from the block up. I was thinking abour Sparco Pistons??? does anyone know anyone else really that makes strickly race type pistons thats as known as sparco? then i plan on buying possible an icevex intercooler, and ordering a head straight from japan and getting HKS timing belts, Blow off valves and air intakes. I plan on trying to put theVeilside Body kit that they make for the car on it but i am not sure about that since i live in middle america and the roads are not really body kit conditions. i plan on putting 19 x 8 rims on it and redueing the entire underside of the car, i was hoping to put possibly a red and silver color scheme on the car that way i could run chrome rims and red brakepads, and rotors, i am hoping that i can afford a six speed tranny swap with the engine so that way i will get that extra gear for the highway, ps. its the only flat areas around where i live. let me know what you think about the 6g72 swap. if your not sure its a mitso 3000 gt vr-4 motor twin turbo 5 speed. by the time i am done i am hoping for pushing about 750-800 hp to all four wheels, which i think would be one bad *** street car

Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 AM
Default RE: engine swap

Wait a minute....you have a GSX and you want to remove the 4g63t motor in it in favor of the 6g72tt?....why again?
You do know that you can get that amount of power from the 4g63 right? You do know that you also have an AWD car too right?

My car has a few more inches in the engine bay than an Eclipse of any year and trim, ok...keep that in mind.
This swap that you're dreaming of has been talked about for years and no one has been able to do it. In my larger engine bay, the firewall and/or the radiator bracket will have to be moved to accomodate the motor and tranny. Have you even seen the 3kgt or Stealth side by side to your GSX? You should try that. Park your car next to one of those cars and line up the windshield, get out of your car and look at the differences in length between the two cars. Next, if you can even find one in this particular circumstance....park in front of one of these two cars and line your up, get out of your car and noticed how much wider the other car is. Ok, it's not a huge difference, but even 3mm will screw up the alignment or fitment of axles. Having a friend with one would be even better.
Anyway, I have the same motor that in your GSX in my Avenger...my engine bay is longer by a few inches. There's no way that the 6g72tt will fit in there without extending the engine bay.