Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   exhaust system... (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/exhaust-system-2047/)

Ace2133 09-04-2004 02:15 AM

exhaust system...

im putting a urethane blitz kit on my 98 eclipse this week and that stock exhaust just wont work for me anymore. will look like ****...:). ive been looking at a full greddy exhaust system because i liked the sound of it on my friends civic. i dont want a loud exhaust system, just a better looking one and a more efficient one. i have a loud system in my car and all i wanna listen to is my music, not my exhaust competing with it. if anyone can tell me how the greddy exhuast sounds on a 98 automatic 2.0 id appreciate it or suggest a different system (full system, not just the tip) that isnt loud id appreciate it. thank you.

FatalJRA 09-04-2004 04:21 AM

RE: exhaust system...

I have a Greddy catback exhaust for my 98 eclipse spyder. I have a 2.4 liter, however I believe that this is probably the brand you should purchase. It's exactly as you put it, not that loud and not too quiet. It's just perfect and you will be able to put a system in your car without being interrupted by the sound of the exhaust.

Ace2133 09-04-2004 03:00 PM

thank you for the response fatal, i appreciate it. if anyone else still wants to respond ill be open to all comments until i buy the new exhaust in a couple weeks. the more information and feedback i can pile up, the better. thank you all.

Ludicris 09-05-2004 07:14 PM

ttt cause i am in the same boat... i need an exhaust and dont want a farty sounding can but want something noticeable (subtle)

Prophet 09-05-2004 09:14 PM

Go with the Greddy guys. Greddy makes them so that they are below the decibal level by law but at WOT they sound good. Nice and throaty. Not a fart can.

GSXual 09-05-2004 10:25 PM

i have the thermal R&D and mine is really quiet.. and its friggin hugh.. test pipe to 3" to 5" tip..

HotNix95gsx 09-10-2004 03:56 PM

honestly..... im not a big fan of greddy exhausts...... i just put a borla exhaust on my 95 gsx and i LOVE it....... and my friend got a 5zigen exhaust for his 98 spyder and it kinda sounds like a 350Z but a little different

Ludicris 09-12-2004 11:00 PM

I was looking at exausts and saw the APEXi N1 Style
Axle Back Exhaust. I don't have that big of a budget and was wondering what everybody thought of it. I also was thinking about buying a Remus Universal Exahaust. Which one do you think is quieter and which one do you think puts out more power.

HotNix95gsx 09-14-2004 02:07 AM

APEXi..... i dont know why but i dont like universal parts.... they always seem to cause problems

BurntGSX 09-14-2004 06:47 PM

Apexi is my fav. front pipe> full 3" sounds great. BUT, I have turbo, so it decreases the exhaust noise some... and just saying, if you have a nice system in your car, you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to hear it over your exhaust. as long as you aren't bottle necking it somewhere you should have enough flow to keep the waves smooth and steady, eliminating not only backfire problems, but high dec. output