2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Finaly Getting Motor Rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Default Finaly Getting Motor Rebuilt

Well I am gonna break down and have my motor rebuilt. The place is charging me 2,000 thats the most it will be, he said it might be less it all depends on how bad it is. They are coming to pick it up monday since I cant keep it running it keeps stalling so they will tow it for free. Its just gonna be a stock rebuild unless I can get some mods done without going over 2 grand thats all I got to put intro her, I have already sunk 1800 into her with the sustom, exsaust and the rims I just bought and new front rotors. I really checked out alot of places and I am going to go to a shop right around me that has been around for 30 some years. Plus the area I live in is a very rich town, I am not rich in any way I am just very lucky I found this house. Anyway, any advice on what to expect and anything I need to do after its done. I know I have to break it in, but I dont know how long I am suposed too, I just want to know a little about this so I dont get takin for money. Thanks in advance everyone.

Brian

Oh what where the stock specs on the motor?? At the wheel hp and torque
thanks again

Old 09-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned
Default RE: Finaly Getting Motor Rebuilt

Well remember to break her in properly when shes rebuilt!

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Old 09-17-2006, 05:47 PM

How do you break one in, do you just try and keep the rpms down and baby it or is there more to it? Its probably a stupid question to alot of you guys but I dont want to F it up after puting all this money into her.....but she is definetly worth it to me. Oh how hard would it be to swap in a manual trans?? Im gonna need trans work soon it is starting to slip until it gets up to temp, I would pay a shop to do it I am just trying to figure out the price. Thanks again bro.

Brian

Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

if you went to the link that sebba posted it tells you exactly how to break it in

Old 10-09-2006, 06:23 PM

Ok I will check that out. I got a question for ya's my oil pressure still drops pretty low when I am at iddle is this normal? I checked the oil level it looked good to me. I am gonna call the shop but I just wanted to ask here too. Thanks again everyone.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM

how low does it actually go?

Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

how low does it actually go?
Half way between first line and second line while at idle, when driving it goes alsost halfway between 2 line and 3rd line? Does that make sence?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 PM

yeah thats good. do you have the owners manual that comes with the car? i looked at mine and it said it was good.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:51 PM

No I dont have the manual, thanks for looking it up for me, I feel ALOT better now. Its running like a champ now, and let me just say a crap load more power , that one cyclinder lost 90% of its compresion so that had to be mad drop in HP. I really cant get on the gas yet either I cant wait until I can. Thanks again bro for the help.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 PM

no problem. thats what were here for.

Quick Reply: Finaly Getting Motor Rebuilt