2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Fuel Filter Stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Default Fuel Filter Stuck?

Alright, so I'm attempting to change my fuel filter. Seemed like a simple tast looking at it, and I still believe it is. Looking at new filter, ytou have to screw the bolt off, and then unscrew the filter off of the bottom line. My problem is the top bolt...I can't get the bolt off. The 3/4 fits perfectly, and when I try to unscrew it, I get nowhere! It feels like the lines are twisting too. I took my battery, and everything to make it more accessible, and that helped, but I can't, for the life of me, get the stupid bolt off. Someone, please, help me! Thanks.

-brandoN^-

Old 01-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Default RE: Fuel Filter Stuck?

dont use a ratchet.. use a wrench....a wrench actually puts down more power than a ratchet.. the only thing a ratchet has going for it is the fact that it moves faster....

Old 01-14-2006, 02:20 PM

Great. Stuck so tight, I snapped the fuel line. I just turnd a job that would have cost $30 if I would have taken it in into A LOT of money to feed a new line through. Thanks to all those who looked, but didn't bother to leave a reply at least trying to help.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

All right now I JUST saw this post for the first time. First off if you couldn't wait 1 full day(I am on here at LEAST once a day) then I'm sorry about your impatience. Don't go knocking the rest of the community just because you couldn't wait. And quite frankly running a fuel ling isn't that hard either. And if you're REALLY lazy it's just as easy to splice a chunk of rubber line in where the gas line broke but since we don't help you quick enough here I'll leave you to figure out how to do such things.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:51 AM

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif] you just got told man....i tried being nice...but sang did just own you

Old 01-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

I'm normally not an *** (Ask anyone who's been on this forum and knows me a bit) but I calls 'em likes I sees 'em. If you don't allow us the time to help you and try to do things without waiting for people to post then you CANNOT blame us for what happens. Besides we are for suggestions. Not hard set in stone methods of doing things. What may work for Emonz I may not be able to get to work. Simple as that.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:51 PM

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I wasn't accusing, or blaming anyone. This, obviously, was my own fault. By my saying "I snapped the fuel line" I didn't blame anyone but myself. Most of that post was written in anger at my own stupid actions. Anyways, sorry about that. The last car I owned, the community was pretty big, and you would have replies to anything posted, sometimes, in less than 20 minutes. So, that's what I'm used to. I used to be on http://www.mx6.com Great community, great people over there.

Second, I ended up buying a new fuel line, and I had to drop the tank, and the frame. After it was perfectly lined up, I tightened the bolts, and screwed the filter back to the frame, and I was done. It only took a couple of hours. Thanks again.

-brandoN^-

Old 01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Damn and I woulda just used a rubber hose... LOL... I understand writing in frustration but you really should pay a bit more attention to it all. And EW an MX-6?!?!?! [:'(] I'm not a huge mazda fan... had a 626 die on me outta nowhere and an MX-3 blow a head gasket leaving me stranded 3 hours from home. The MX-3 died at around 112K miles and the 626 I think was in the 180's.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:03 AM

You know, the only Mazda I ever thought was nice was the MX-6. It was very reliable for me. I never had one problem with that car. I took great care of it, and it showed in the performace. It was an ATX, but still pulled like crazy. I had it until almost 200K, and I had an accident. Some idiot on the freeway flipped a hitch he was hauling. He left it in the middle of the freeway, and coming around the blind corner it was on, I ran right into it. I had time to react, but I was in the diamond lane, and there was a car to my right, so it was either hit another car, or slide it out, and pray I stop in time. However, i was already too close, and I slid right into it. Crushed my headlight, and blinker. Fender was busted up, bumper was cracked. I had just put on a brand new CF hood, and locks. It wasn't damaged, so that was good. Insurance payed out, and I ended up selling the car for my Eclipse. I sold it to my mom in Las Vegas who needed a car. Gave it to her for $800 since the insurance payout was so high.

But, anywho. I've never driven the MX-3, or the 626. Although, I think the 626 looks pretty nice. Nice luxury car. Never driven it though, so I can't say anything about performance, or anything. Anyways, I'm outta here. Work early in the morning. Later.

-brandoN^-

Old 01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Well truthfully I fairly well beat the hell outta the 626. The MX-3 there was NO reason for it to play games on me like it did. One thing after another kept going wrong. The 626 first the wiring caught fire under the dash, then the thermostat went, the it just stalled and quit running. I left it on the side of the roadwhere it died LOL. Took the plates and cleaned everything out of the car left her sittin LOL.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Stuck?