2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

got some problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Default got some problems

alrite a while back my tsi blew an oil line and lost all the oil so the guy who fixed the engine put new crankshaft and bearings and everythingin but didnt really do anything to the head well i picked the car up today and there was a rattling sound coming from the head anyways it seemed tobe getting worst then came the starting problems i havebrand new optima battery in and startedhaving a hard time turning over untill finally it wouldnt even turn over at all tried jumping still nothing at this time i was thinking this engine is shot i let it sit for couple hours came back tried starting again this time it turned over a little bit but that was it
what is goin on here..

Old 03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Default RE: got some problems

how do the spark plugs look? can you tell where the rattle is comeing from?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Is there oil in the car? What all didhe replace?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 PM

i did not get a chance to check the plugs the noise seems to be coming rate beneath the valve cover its kinda of a ticking mostly sounds like something is rattling hard to explain

there is oil in it for some reason it was really thin almost like water im gonna put some in it tommorrow
pretty much rebuilt the bottom end

Old 03-09-2008, 08:52 PM

ok dose that rattle sound more of a ticking or rattle because a tick means you have whati say problymost ofus have. Its called "lifter tick" nothing bad iveha it sence ibought my car. but tat oil eds to be replaced.look athoseplugs if they r bad then that would b the problem. isthe engie runing at all when you tryto start it orculd it b te starter?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 PM

its not running at all rate now and its still sitting at autozone haha
but there is other problems that i didnt mention becuz i think the turbo is shot
the car does NOT take off at all, it bogs real bad when i shift if i give it gas i dont even think it accellerate unless im like in 1st ohh and a couple times it would jerk and kinda take off as if i shifted down but i didnt now this is everything that happen in about the 30 mins that it was running becasue i just picked it up today
but it was starting fine, then it took a few times to turn over before it would start, now it doesnt even turn over

Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 PM

oh it was a rattleing sound to

Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM

look at those plugs i think that that would causethe bogin problem and starting. let me know how they look.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:18 PM

alrite im gonna check tehm out tommorrow wheni get out of work and i will just put new ones in if there bad

Old 03-09-2008, 09:33 PM

Did he do the timing? If he timed it wrong you could have more serious problems..

Quick Reply: got some problems