2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GS to GS-T

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Default GS to GS-T

Okay, so like my name says, i'm kind of a car newbie. I have been looking it up a little, and was wondering where to get a tubo for my car. I have a '97 eclipse gs. The only place have been able to find one is from Hahn. Also was wondering if Hahn is a good company to go through. Another thing, on there site they say that you don't have to do any modifications to you engine all the way up through there stage 2, is that correct?

Old 02-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Default RE: GS to GS-T

First, I would just recommend getting a GS-T... But since you have a GS and thats what your asking, yes hahn is a good one to use.. Kind of expensive.. There are more out there tho. You can put any size of turbo on your car without modding the motor.. Its the psi that you push into your motor that would ruin it... There turbo that they sell you can only push 5-8 psi safely into your motor.. However its very expensive to put a turbo on a GS, thats why I suggest getting a GS-T in the first place.. I looked at putting one on my GS I had a couple years ago, and with everything I needed I was around $4200, with the labor and all the parts..

Old 02-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

well if you do your homework, most of the stuff you can do yourself. The cheipest way to do it is to assemble the parts yourself. Get things separatly and build your own kit. Because you have a gs you can put just about anything on there. if you want to go small you can put on the 1g 14b turbo. But i think the best way to go would be with a 16g turbo. They are easy to find and easy to put on. Then i would just work from there in getting all the necesarry parts. (oil feeds, intercooler, piping, ect.). Like i said do your homework, find out exactly what parts you would need and pick a turbo, then go from there.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:16 AM

The Turbo kits hahn sells come with pretty much every from what i can tell (still a newb, so not exactly sure) and it costs $3500 (if i remember right). I already have my car paid off, and don't want to purchase another car, so is it really worth the money?

Old 02-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

i'm not really familiar with the kit so i can't really say, what kinda turbo does it come with, i'm going to guess t3/t04

Old 02-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

ok i just looked at the kit that they offer, and i would have to say just from a couple of things i saw that its not worth it from them. I mostly noticed that the stage 2 only comes with 2-1/4" downpipe. You would def. want 3". And it doesn't have an intercooler. This may be a stupid question, but you don't have a spyder right.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:33 AM

The Kit comes with a 16G turbo, intercooler, exhaust manifold, downpipes, BOV, fuel pump, regulator, hoses, fittings, lines, electronic mods, and an intake. I think it comes with all that.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:35 AM

No, just a regular stock GS

Old 02-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

They say that the kit will only give you a hp gain of 50HP so IMO its not worth doing a turbo on your car. Car paid off is nice, i'd say have fun with your car now, save some money and buy a gs-t or gsx

Old 02-11-2006, 01:46 AM

Okay, so if i go the rout of buying a new car i was looking at a couple different options:

1. 3000GT VR4
2. 1999 Eclipse GSX
3. 1998 EVO

Which would you suggest?