2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GS-T is acting up again

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: GS-T is acting up again

I pulled every pipe off last night and closely inspected it. Their all in great shape. I just walked out into the garage and checked out the manifold everything looks sound. Its just a stock 2g log manifold. I wouldn't think a t25 could even hurt it ha . My biggest hunch is that the seals in my throttle body are going bad and i'm getting a leak there.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Maybe pull it off and take a look

Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 PM

I was going to but I don't have the throttle body gaskets to put it back on and I refuse to do the red neck cereal box gaskets like everyone is telling me to do. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow along with my intake mani gasket and valve cover gasket. I just won a 1g throttle body for $40 bucks. Can't beat that.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 PM

Alright, a couple suggestions:
1. I know Sebba said this already, but follow up your BOOST vaccum line to where you have it hooked up.
2. Check you MBC lines and see if anything wrong is there.
3. I had a similar problem when i first put my Evo3 big16g on, and the actuator arm came off and the flap would stay open or closed. Cant remember. Well, anyway, check the arm of the actuator.

Hope this might help out some.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 PM

I followed those lines the only thing I noticed is that where I tee'd my boost gauge into the intake manifold vaccum line I can take the tee out and put my finger over it you can't hear vaccum at all and if I put the vaccum line back on the tee for the boost gauge you can hear a wiss sound, but I even replaced the entire line and nothing changed. Also if I run all three lines into that tee you can hear air in the intake mani and if I just run the usual ( before I tee'd it in ) you can't hear any. That had me a little confused and the way i'mdescribing itprobably isn't going to give you a good idea.

I have a AEM Tru Boost gauge so I'm using the solenoid I don't know whether you would consider that aMBCor not it hooks up thesame way as a MBC would. I checked the line going to my wastegate and the line going to my turbo and both are fine no leaks I even put some soapy water on them to see if it would make bubbles.

I'm going to go out and check the arm on the actuator now.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:13 PM

If possible, can i geta pic of how you have your MBC connected?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Alright well the actuator is fine. I know the MBC is connected correctly because i've been boosting 15 psi with no problem for almost a week now. I just noticed the main harness the runs past my injectors and into them when I lift it up mycar idles normally if I push it down it will start idling low ( the problem I explained in the previous post ) and there is sticky **** on my injectors. Do I have a short in my wiring? I hope not I hate electrical problems.

If you still want a pic I can snap one real quick though. Its gonna be hard to see because of how close my controller is to my turbo and wastegate.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 PM

I guess you are good there. Did you check the lines though connected to the MBC to see if there were any cuts or holes in the lines?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Yeah their solid. Would it being that close to my turbo causeany issues? I mean its about 4-5 inches away. I highly doubt its that though because my vaccum is all ****ed up its at like -2 to -3right now and stock vaccum should be around -19 to -21. Where are the vaccum lines going to the intake manifold locating. Thats where I hear what I believe is the leak. Are the any coming from the bottom side that I wouldn't be able to see?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 PM

One line is going to turbo pressure the other is going to the waste gate and there is a 3rd barb that isn't going to anything. I was told not to cap it off that it was suppose to be open to release pressure and it has worked fine like that.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g?t=1177638000

You can see in this photo where I tee'd my boost gauge into vaccum.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g?t=1177638099

Quick Reply: GS-T is acting up again