2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GS-T is acting up again

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Default RE: GS-T is acting up again

Damn... I wonder. I wish i were there to see.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 PM

Well, when i first read your first post. It definitely sounds like boost cut to me. How high were you boosting? If its boost cut, theres a couple things, that it can be:
1. Fuel pump
2. Check fuel filter (make sure its ok)
3. Injectors might not be performing "right"
4. The harness on the injectors can be f-ed up. Make sure there arent any cuts or anything weird there
5. VACCUM lines.
6. MBC

Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 PM

Well, seems like your MBC is setup right.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Fuel pump should be ok it chimes on fine and driving normally under 5-6 psi it doesn't give me any issues.
The fuel filter I have not checked that'll be the next thing on my list. I'll probably just go ahead and replace it no since and trying to see if its ok.
The harness to the injectors is acting wierd when that harness falls too low it cuts out and thats when my car starts idling at 20 rpms when you lift it up it idles normal at 800.
They didn't have any cuts on the harnesses I even pulled the plastic cover ( wrapped around the main harness ) back and everything is fine the only tihng I noticed was that there is some sticky looking **** on the black wires going to the injector harnesses. Idk what it is its on each one.
I checked all the vaccum lines I thought I could find. Are there any under the intake manifold that I wouldn't be able to see?
MBC is fine I know that for sure nothing has changed there I checked for leaks there aren't any.

There is something that is making the car cut out at 7 psi like it has a restrction its always at that exactpsi it won't let it go any higher. Thats what i'm so confused about.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Well, if your harness moves and it makes a difference to your car's idle, then something is wrong there. Maybe a cut or short somewhere.
Yes, i agree, trying the fuel filter next.
About the sticky **** on the injectors, not too sure there. What color is the sticky stuff?
And same thing with the lines under the intake manifold. I dont remember there being any.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Yeah i'm going to look into that harness there. The stuff on the injector harnesses doesn't look like any color it just looks like they have pop on them and its sticky.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:09 AM

Hahahahaha. Yeah, check those out and let us know.

And try the fuel filter.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:00 AM

Well I found out why my vaccum was so messed up and why I wasn't building boost past 7 psi. I have a huge vaccum leak one of the vaccum lines off the intake manifold ( has red dashes on it ) going into the purge control solenoid valve. Do I need even of that emissions crap back there? Can't I just block it off? It all seemes useless I don't have emissions in ohio/kentucky. My vaccum pressure is back to normal BUT i'm still having the issue with the car idling down to 20 rpm's whenever i move that Main harness around so that'll be my next battle. Any tips? Should I just cut all the black electrical tape away from it and check for frays?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

i would definetly check for frays. Cuz it sounds like a bad connection. But as far as the emmisions control stuff goes. You can remove all of it. Its alittle work and requires a couple parts, like the EGR blockoff plate, ect. Here is a good diagram to go by for doing it
http://web.archive.org/web/200406292...emissions1.htm

Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 PM

That picture is very confusing to me.

Quick Reply: GS-T is acting up again