2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gsx are reliable cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:27 PM
Default gsx are reliable cars?

[size=1][size=5][size=2][font="Times New Roman"]
[font="Times New Roman"]Am new to this forum so just wanted to say wats up to every one .
I had a question if been reading around ive been trying to decide what car to buy a eclipse gsx or gst ive been comparing them and readin some of the threads my conclusion is gsx has faster launches (am talking about 2 gen's)and gst is same as gsx just FWD correct ?well am looking for car just snap me into my seat with the touch of gas pedal and mostly for street use .But i dont know if mitsubishi are reliable when they are boosted i was thinking running around 270-300 hp if i would get one am currently a student so am not a full time worker i get most my income during summer i get about 10G so am not going to have much money to be fixing my car during the seasone .but back to my question would i have to rebuild the engine so i can get a safe boost on them and how reliable would they be during winter,could i use it as adaily driving car i dont go far i usaly 200 miles a monthor less

but if u guys can help me out I know its alot but thnx[8D]

Old 10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Default RE: gsx are reliable cars?

i would go with a gst. the AWD can be a bitch to launch sometimes. no you won't have to rebuild your engine to hit the power that you want. maybe some fuel upgrades and simple bolt ons.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

The GSX may be a pain to launch right but when you do... and definately won't need to upgrade the internals to put a smaller turbo on there. Definately the fuel system though. once you get into the serious power of the larger turbos you'll need to start looking into the internals being rebuilt.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

The GSX may be a pain to launch right but when you do... and definately won't need to upgrade the internals to put a smaller turbo on there. Definately the fuel system though. once you get into the serious power of the larger turbos you'll need to start looking into the internals being rebuilt.
you mean larger turbo, right?

Old 10-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

BAH see like I said that's what I get for answering forums at 4 A.M. with no sleep.... Yes I meant larger turbo.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:05 PM

How do you get no sleep if you have no job?

Old 11-01-2005, 12:15 AM

I've never had a problem launching mine. Why do you think its hard to launch them compared to a gs-t? Only difference is wheel spin in a gs-t.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Spyderman9803

I've never had a problem launching mine. Why do you think its hard to launch them compared to a gs-t? Only difference is wheel spin in a gs-t.
i've heard that AWD's are harder to launch to effectively use all of the AWD capabilities.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

ORIGINAL: Spyderman9803

i've heard that AWD's are harder to launch to effectively use all of the AWD capabilities.
AWD is the easiest thing to launch. and the thing is if your raceing someone and you AWD launch it, they are all done outt of the hole, EVO guys get consistant 1.8s and as low as 1.6 60FTs no FWD is doing that on street tires not even close youll be lucky for a 2.0 60 ft

Here is a vid of a 500AWHP EVO raceing a 500+ WHP Cobra look at what a launch does hehe gotta love it http://videos.streetfire.net/Player...DCC7F13F5A2&p=0

Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM

i say get whichever one interests you more. If all you want is a fast drag car, get the gsx. remember the gst is notoriously known as a "forever 13 second car" unless you start buying lsd's, drag slicks, etc. The more power you make, the less traction you can get, ive seen gsts with crazy high traps, but terrible qm times, like 13.9@115 etc. a gsx could run a 13.9@~92 and a 115 trap would put them in solid 11's.

Quick Reply: gsx are reliable cars?