Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   gsx setup, what do you think? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/gsx-setup-what-do-you-think-16327/)

RCJr9186 01-31-2007 01:43 PM

gsx setup, what do you think?

aight guys, within about a month or so i plan on having my GSX, when i get it, if it's running i'll do nothing to it except tubo-back exhaust, intake, ebc, bov and possibly FMIC. now the real power will be build on the side and i want to see what yall think
-Engine:
CI Motorsports stage 2 2.3l stroker block w/ 7.5:1 compression and knifeedged and balanced crank.
CI Motorsports stage 4 head w/ ferra 1mm oversized ferra valves n (unknown brand) 272 cams.
JM Fabrication Intake Manifold
BBK 75mm TB
MAF Translator
-Fuel:
Walbro 255
850-950cc injectors
-Ignition:
Full MSD Ignition
-Drivetrain:
Fidanza Axels
ACT 2900 Street Disk Clutch
CI Motorsports Stage 3 awd transmission
-Turbo:
FP3065 Turbo
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm Bov
Greddy FMIC
Greddy IC Piping
-Engine Management:
DSM Link
still to think about:
suspension
possible small shot of nitrous to spool before 5k
brakes
Methanol/Water Injection
IC Spray Kit
This setup will push me to between 550 and 650whp. the engine, axels, clutch, turbo, and trani will all be able to hold this power. you don't have to remind me how much all this will cost... i'm fully aware but hey, gotta pay to play. Let me know what you all think and if you would go any other way with it.

Nubiebubie_GSX 01-31-2007 09:23 PM

RE: gsx setup, what do you think?

NIce..so rich. lol .. for that kind of power would'nt just the ACT2600 be enough. Your gonna get a fat left leg lol. with the 2900.

RCJr9186 01-31-2007 09:41 PM

both my legs are pretty fat! lol j/k naw i asked the ppl at CI Motorsports, they were runnin about 500 in an eclipse gsx and it started slippin a lil bit and w/ me pushing between 550 and 650 i'll definatly need the 2900 they are tellin me.

xsoldier06 01-31-2007 10:12 PM

sounds fun can i drive it lol j/p o and that wont be one bad car

Sebba 01-31-2007 10:31 PM

I think you might actually need a dual 255lph fuel pump setup.

I would also advise against the Greddy intercooler setup. Its alot to pay for not a lot at all. The piping is too long and the core could be better too from what i hear. My recomendation would be the Buschur Racing FMIC setup.

Have you ever thought about using AEM EMS? Maybe you dont want to be botherd with the extra cost and technicalities.

Also, i think you might have a problem running just one BOV. I have heard with many of the high hp setups, the one BOV is not enough to release the pressure... the person im thinking of was running the Tial so that is no exception. 2 would be in order. I have heard about the throttle body being messed up because of it.. along with the turbo suffering minor compressor surge shortening the life of the turbo. 2 Tials would be perfect... remember to tell Buschur when you order your FMIC setup.

I would say stay away from the nitrous. Not for the reason of the motor detonationg.. but nitrous backfire is a killer also! Even the fully race prepared setups using nitrous and engaging at a very safe RPM have had nitrous backfire in the intake blowing it to peices... causing a fire and basically burning the car toa crisp... not cool.

Apart from that i like what you have picked. I cant comment about the meth/alky injection because i dont know the full story on that... dont want to end up giving you wrong advice.

When can we expect the build to start?

Good luck!

RCJr9186 01-31-2007 10:53 PM

i just threw Greddy FMIC in ther b/c i knew they were a good name bu ti havne't done a whole lot of research on their intercoolers so i didn't know.... i'll check out buschar. the nitrous was just a thought... the only reason i'd use it is to spool the turbo quicker... the trani that i'm getting willl take over 10krpm's but i don't wanna take it that high just for long term purposes. so i was thinkin about shootin a lil 50 shot in there to spool the turbo at about 5000 and run it out to 8000-8500. i have thought about EMS and i had a thread about it about a week or 2 ago but with everything i'm looking for it looks like i'm better off w/ dsm link. you can look up the post if you want, basicaly the biggest factor was that if i don't like the way the car is running or if i wanna change one tiny thing than i have to go back to the dyno and have it retuned to do what i want instead of doing it myself w/ dsm link.

you honestly think i'll need dual walbro 255 fuel pumps to put it out? wow, that's awesome, lol and as for the tial bov's... i wasn't sure at what hp or psi you needed to start runnin dual bov. i figured since it was a 50mm and released in all 360degreas it would be ok but hell... that would look sick as hell if i were to run a dual setup like that!!!!! we'll see down the road.... i guess first things first, i need to find a gsx shell... i'd rather find a shell than a running one b/c if i buy a running one, even if i sell the current engine in it i'd still be coming in on top if i bought shell... i should have the fulll block and head by april, trani by may, turbo by june... from there i'll start piecing everything else together from there... i'm not going to run it until i KNOW it's safe to run it... and believe me, there willl be at leeast at 500m break in period. i'm hoping to be going by NOPI this year (sept 07)

TheAdvocate 01-31-2007 11:10 PM

With all of the motor work and that turbo, you could be pushin 650+...?

While your doin the motor work, balance shaft eliminator kit, and motor mounts..

Also what do you plan for intake and fuel rail, fuel pressure reg?

Sebba 01-31-2007 11:13 PM

There is a very nice shell on Tunders. It has under 25k miles on it... but it has a blown motor.

93eclipsegsx 01-31-2007 11:23 PM

stock rail will hold 700whp so its fine. a double pumper will hold 1000chp.

RCJr9186 01-31-2007 11:31 PM

where did you find that shell?????????????? as long as it's 97-99 i want it!!!! i'll sell that motor and put it towards my build!!! not sure on the fuel rail.. prolly AEM, as for fpr... prolly whatever CI Motorsports recomends... not sure exactly which one yet.