Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   GT Concepts EVO3-16G (not Mitsu) THOUGHTS? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/gt-concepts-evo3-16g-not-mitsu-thoughts-15661/)

agallardo 01-02-2007 01:25 AM

GT Concepts EVO3-16G (not Mitsu) THOUGHTS?

1. Whats the difference between the EvoIII Big 16G and the GT Concepts EvoIII-16G?

2. Which one is better? Or are they both the same thing?

3. This turbo is found under Dejonpowerhouse.com. Click on DSM. On the left hand side scroll down to turbochargers. Then click on Evo3 Big 16G. Let me know what you think???

Sebba 01-02-2007 02:19 AM

RE: GT Concepts EVO3-16G (not Mitsu) THOUGHTS?

From what i understand they are the same but the GT has a slightly larder inlet.

agallardo 01-02-2007 02:25 AM

I guess, here comes that Gt Concept Evo3 16G.

silvercoupe97 01-02-2007 08:52 AM

There's really nothing wrong with the GT. People are afraid of it because of the snafu from....Slowboy perhaps? I don't remember which vendor slammed it because it's made in China and not Japan. They aren't as bad as you may have heard or read. The turbo is cheap for what it's capable of doing and if major vendors are selling them.....you're safe if you go with the GT (which they are btw). Depending on what vendor you get it from, you can get an 18G compressor. They are upgraded at certain vendors. If you get a "stock" GT turbo, it still has a larger compressor opening from porting and then polished.

The EVO316G is an MHI turbo and is well proven and well used by DSM's around the US+. It is safe to say that this is a very potent small turbo. There's not much else to say about this one because DSM's have then and is an awesome upgrade from stock. There's no justification needed for this turbo, it has proven itself time and time again.

Either is good, just note that on stock fuel, it's really not a good idea to "see what the turbo can do for you" or you'll have your car in the shop before you know it, lol.

Oh yeah, my buddy has a GT in his GS-T and loves it!

agallardo 01-02-2007 12:47 PM

Thanks silvercoupe97. I am planning on ordering it from Dejonpowerhouse.com. Take a look at it, and tell me what you think??? Which one do you prefer? Which one will be better in the long run?

agallardo 01-02-2007 09:16 PM

silvercoupe97 01-02-2007 11:28 PM

It's more preferrence than anything once you know what you're looking at. I like tried and true most of the time. You'll need a 2g kit for both so, again, it's preferrence. Me, I'd go with the MHI 16G over the GT, because there was nothing wrong with the EVO316G to begin with, so I don't believe in putting in a larger compressor wheel in it.
As for the long run..what is it that you're hoping for out of either turbo? They will both give you what you want and they will both break if you mistreat either.

agallardo 01-03-2007 12:27 AM

Which one is the MHI 16G? Where is that one? May I ask why you prefer that one?

TX97GST 01-03-2007 12:44 AM

TC.com is based here in Houston, and I have seen, many of my friends have them crap out on them. Not to mention they sound horrible when building boost IMO. SBR may of blasted the turbo, and I am not a fan of SBR, but they were correct. These things are crap. I know of two people that went back to the 14b, and were happier. Silver was right there was nothing wrong with the MHI EVO III. TC.com is packaging a "new" line called GT concepts, and it is made up of this thing, and a lot of SSAutochrome stuff (just re badged). I have seen there GT Concepts setup on a guys 2g, and in less than 2500 miles most of it has broken or not performing for ****. Just my experience.

agallardo 01-03-2007 12:55 AM

Which one is the MHI Evo3 then? Where can i get it?