2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

guesstimate

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Default guesstimate

I want my gst spyder to run a low thirteen pass in the 1/4 and i want this to be consistent pass after pass but the bottom end has 86,000 on it the head was just rebuilt due to a bad timing belt and Stage 1 valves , new head gasket ,plugs wires, tensioners balance shaft belt .mods are listed below pwr steering and alt belt and now mods listed on sig . what ive done ihave done right .I know i could cut out ac an pwr steering but its nice to have that stuff . now I know i can turn up my boost a little bit more on my 16g if i run a higher octane but wouldn't it be cheaper to up grade the injectors to handel the increased fuel or will that reQuire a reflash of my cpu i thought nos but that **** can be lethal .especially to a high mile age engine . i guess the bottom end needs rebuilt but i want to beat my buddies v6 camaro i know my cars fast but anymore things i could do to lower my times like bring gas in cans use my 15inch stock wheels any other ideals to drop quick weight or add a few horses before i smoke this guy and according to the 1/4 mile calculator i need about 315 hp to get the job done ..unfortunetly i don't have a dyno meter in my backyard so i don't know how many horses would you think i should be around?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

You need injectors and then a tune and turn the boost up and youll easily be there. The 16g is capable of 12 sec passes.

Id say some 760cc injectors, SAFC, 18psi, and youll be there no problem

Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 AM

what brand of injectors would you suggest?or is there another vehicle that i could pull those injectors out of or are they an aftermarket size only?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

well if you wanted to go alittle smaller and alittle cheaper you can get EVO stock injectors which i think are like 660cc or something. But i think its better to have alittle bigger than required. I think PTE has decent injectors for the price
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...cat=628&page=1

I dont remember if you need clips or not. But if you want to save money you can definetly go with stock EVO injectors

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
You need injectors and then a tune and turn the boost up and youll easily be there. The 16g is capable of 12 sec passes.

Id say some 760cc injectors, SAFC, 18psi, and youll be there no problem
760's is way too big for SAFC.