2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

heeeelp meeee

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Default heeeelp meeee

i had a post about a fuel cut not long ago, and it wont let me reply to it for some reason so im making a new post about the same topic i had an idleing problem and the fuel cut and the idle problem is solved but the cut isnt and i did a boost leak check and didnt find any leaks except the BOV which i think is normal??? cuz the backpressure or w/e but idk you tell me, anyways if that is normal then you said the other possible problems could be too much or too little fuel or a vac leak, how do i determine which is the problem also the cut is only around 2-4k rpm and when im half throttle or more and there is a really loud whistle at around those rpms which i know is normal but for a stock turbo it shouldnt be as loud as it is
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Default RE: help me

slow down,use some periods,and give some info.car all stock?what did you use to do a boost leak test?what kind of boost are you seeing at those rpms?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 PM

is your pump working correctly, its not on its way out? have you changed the fuel filter? those are just two things that pop into my head first. are you stock, modded?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

He's stock.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM

Shouldn't be going into fuel cut on a stock setup. Too much air coming into the intake is what causes fuel cut. Are you sure the issue is fuel cut? What kind of plugs/wires are you using? Fix the leaking bov and redo the boost leak.
Do this check right or you will be chasing ghosts all day.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 AM

DO NOT try to remove this safety feature called fuel cut. It is there to tell you that you have too much air coming in and not enough fuel to accomodate the air flow. What does that mean or should mean to you? Exhaust temps above 1500 degrees. Anything above 1600 degs and you're screwed...meaning you're running lean.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 AM

lol sorry for punctuation i was in class when i wrote this and was in a hurry. the car is a 97 gst bone stock down to the last spec and what i used to do the boost leak check is a boost leak check bought from slowboyracing by a friend of mine and my air pump with pressure set at 12 pounds, a bottle of 3/4 water 1/4 dish soap. i dont have a aftermarket boost gauge so idk exactly wat boost im running at those rpms but the stock boost guages needle is in between the second and last line about in the middle between the two. i did just change the stock fuel filter cuz i thought that might be the problem as well and i have a 255hp fuel pump from my old car i took out right before it got wrecked but i dont really wanna put it on a stock setup because idk weather it will cause problems or not by getting too much fuel. i also thought plugs and wires might be the issue and i got ngk classics about 500 miles ago, no new wires but they fire well so i dont think that is the problem either. i am going to go pick up a new air filter tomorrow because the one in it im sure is old it seems decent tho but im going to replace it anyways just cuz the slight chance it might have something to do with it, and i have no idea what that last post silvercoupe97 posted meant lol might need to explain what "the safety feature called fuel cut" is O.o but about that 255 fuel pump, if i do put that in will that cause problems on my setup the way it is or will i have to buy a fpr, and last but not least i was told this could be a dirty injector and if so what do you reccommend i do about that i hear seafoam works wonders and i have some chillin in the garage but ive never used the stuff
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Default RE: heeeelp meeee

is this a dead topic now? cuz i still need help lol

Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

How old are the plug wires?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 PM

well i just bought the car not long ago and i didnt ask the guy about that but i did replace the plugs cuz he said he had iridiums in it. i have no idea about the wires. i would have grabbed them too but i didnt have the money at the time, ill be getting them in the next week or so. I just bought a new air filter so that might be a contributing factor because the one in it now if craaaaaap i beat dust out of it forever last night but meh idk, and about that fuel filter, would it be bad to put the 225 on a stock setup or would it be getting too much fuel and run rich and all that or is it safe to go ahead and put that on there now to see if the problem is the pump.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: heeeelp meeee