Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   HELP WITH 96 ECLIPSE LIGHTING PROBLEMS (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/help-96-eclipse-lighting-problems-2680/)

empie1 11-27-2004 04:16 PM

HELP WITH 96 ECLIPSE LIGHTING PROBLEMS

i recently noticed that none of my interior lights works...not the gauges, the needles, hvac or the door locks/windows....in addition i have no reverse lights....i looked in the haynes manual and saw that both the interior and reverse lights appear to be on the same circuit.....has any one had this problem? i took out my dash board to see if anything was messed up but everything is correct there....i also replaced the reverse lights and still nothing...someoneplease help before i set my car on fire and buy an acura....

96awd 11-27-2004 05:04 PM

RE: HELP WITH 96 ECLIPSE LIGHTING PROBLEMS

did you check the fuse?

empie1 11-27-2004 06:50 PM

of course....im not a novice car mechanic.....i just suck with electrical problems

get435 11-27-2004 06:58 PM

i got the same problem was told it was the sensore or switch on the tranny that kicks in when u put it in rev.

Flipz 11-27-2004 07:25 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem. Mine is caused by the stereo system which messed up the whole electical. I am trying to find out how to fix it. Can you tell me where I could locate the fuses for the gauges lights? Are they on the same one as the headlights - my left headlight went down yesterday and does not want to power up, I changed the bulbs but still no effect

96awd 11-27-2004 07:36 PM

there are 2 places to check the fuses. one is under the hood its clearly mark what fuse is to what.the second is on the driver side by your left foot it also will tell you what fuse is to what,check them all.

96awd 11-27-2004 07:37 PM

then start were you have power and work your way forward

Flipz 11-28-2004 08:24 PM

I just checked the fuses. They both seem in working conditions. When I moved them in and out I fixed the headlights problem so I guess there was a loose fuse for that problem. Still trying to find out what the problem with the gauges is - could the lighting bulb of the gauges be damaged and do you know where it is located?

Thanks,

Svetlin

96awd 11-28-2004 11:20 PM

the bulbs for the gauges are on the back of the gauge cluster you will have to take it out to change them.

Spyderman9803 11-29-2004 02:58 AM

its very improbable that all the lights for the guages went out at the same time.....its a problem somewhere else guaranteed