2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HELP HELP MY CAR has a problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP HELP MY CAR has a problem

You guys are ridiculous. The guy is on here looking for an answer to whats wrong with his car. Not what he should buy. If you dont have anything helpful to say then dont say it.

So you have a crap ground kit. I hate those things. It really sounds like a connection issue

Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: austinw23

thanks man well i guess its always an option but after all this work i have already have to do i kind of consider this a minor thing hopefully. i dont think its anything major. sebba what would u suggest getting maybe another kind of import other than mitsuibshi got any favorties that are on the cheaper side?
he asked about getting another car..and the pinto and focus are cheap cars....but not import

Old 05-09-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

Just get a PINTO

LMMFAO
my mom ran me over with a pinto when i was you younger and my name is clint so now they call me clinto lol just thought id share

Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM

u got ran over by one...dam clinto

Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM

I know you said you just recently replaced the battery and alternator but don't rule those out until you know for sure their both good. My old GST had the same symptoms and it was due to a faulty alternator. My car would flip out and flash all kinds of lights on and off and idle weird up and down and stall out. I'd go up to your local autozone or something and have them test the alternator and battery.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Default HELP HELP MY CAR has a problem

****ing dsms any way my car on the way home from work my stereo started flashing and my tac and spedo a/f gauge boost all started like flashing and jumping around then the engine just died and that was it i got a look at the battery and it seemed like it wasnt grounded properly and i reattached it tightened it down and jump it again and as soon as i put on the brakes or turn signal it just wont stay on just cant handle it. when i had to replace the engine a few months back i had my guy install a new alternator the battery is brand new like 2 mnths old any suggestions on what it could be or should i just take it to my local tuner shop and have them check it out? thanks for the feed back once again u guys are live savers this day sucks no big 16g boosting for me = (

Old 05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

so did it work fine for a bit when you reconnected the neg. terminal. Is there alot of corrosion on it or something. Might just need a new terminal.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:07 PM

well my grounding kit is a pos and its ugly but its on there tight no corrosion or very lil and it will idle fine until i get in and turn the lights on or hit the brakes or anything besides gas it likes the octane

Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

Do i have to repeat myself?

If you ask me, i say do yourself a favor and get rid of it!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:11 PM

didnt he just blow his engine....

Quick Reply: HELP HELP MY CAR has a problem