2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

heres something odd i heard..just wanna know if its true

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: heres something odd i heard..just wanna know if its true

ORIGINAL: antlip

Get the down pipe 3 inch too. That could be hurting you.
Not true, A free flowing exhaust after the turbo will only increase the boost creep.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM

so my my friend has an srt4 and he has a down pipe,intake,and bov,he came down from st. petersburg,and his car was boosting 16lbs. now hes overboosting past 20 THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS TO MY CAR,he still has warranty on his car,when i looked at his boost gauge it was like looking in a mirror,it read the same as mine,so anyways he went to dodge and the problem was a bad harness,he has to replace it,but since he has warranty its free,and i have been hjaving electrical problems with my car in past months,ive gone through 2 alternators,could my car have the same problem?,and if so will it be expensive? please help, i wanna start a car club with my friends,but i cant till my car runs perfectly

Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 PM

So, the SRT4 uses an electronic boost gauge? Sounds right, it's the SRT's stock boost gauge right? It's not the same issue with yours though since yours is a manual boost gauge. What brand boost gauge do you have again? The only thing that an electrical issue will have on your boost gauge is lighting.
Your issues aren't related to your buddy's issues. Your creeping boost because of the E316G being at low boost. It's an issue that is well known and that's why you either get fuel support to raise the boost or get it ported with the 34mm flapper. After 17-18psi, the E316G stops creeping.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 PM

srt4 uses a mechanical boost gauge,and i have one too, i have the autometer phantom II

Old 08-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Then what harness did Dodge change out to make the creep stop? Boost creep is a mechanical issue and not an electrical one.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM

my friend actually works at dodge and he said some guy will look at it for free,so let me ask you is it easy to port my turbo?and is it easy to take off the turbo myself?im tired of having people work on my car!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 PM

.....define "easy", lol.
Yes, you can remove the turbo and yes you can port it. Remember to plug the coolant lines and oil lines...well, just oil lines for you. You may want to replace the turbo to manifold bolts if you haven't already. Then you'll need a high speed rotary tool. I've used my high speed 30k dremel with a carbide bit to port my intake manifold and it was cake, but it was also on aluminum. The turbo metal is not going to be as easy with a dremel, lol. Then you have to smoothen it out with a sanding drum/wheel. and make sure to not port too much as more is not necessarily better. You'll also have to have your 34mm flapper handy to be sure you're not going to overport the opening.
Does that sound easy enough?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:16 PM

ahhhh,one more thing my bov isnt recirculated,lol, i never said anything cuz i dont know but,could that also have something to do with it? i have the injen intake that doesnt recirculate

Old 08-04-2007, 12:09 AM

what could happen if i dont recirculate my bov? i have the stock intake still here,should i put it back on and recirculate the bov?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:19 PM

anyone???

Quick Reply: heres something odd i heard..just wanna know if its true