2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

How to?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Default How to?

What is the easiest way to run some wires from the passenger area to the trunk on a spyder?</P>

Old 05-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Default How to?

<FONT color=black>Wiring a sub or something, Tmann? The best and most discrete way is to go under the carpet near the door sills. Then when you reach the rear seats, the wires should fit under there unless it's too thick of a gauge. It might stick out a little if it's too thick. To get to under the carpet, just remove the door sills. There should be only a couple of screws or tabs holding it in place. </FONT></P>

Old 05-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Default How to?

Well, that's not quite the question, I'm talking about running the wires from the back seat to the trunk. I couldn't find an easy way to get past the hole where the top goes into. Should I go under the car?

Old 05-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Default How to?

The Backseat to the trunk? I know on the 2g's when you remove therear seat and rear backrest(they're two eperate peices), there'll be the leather bag(or boot) that the top folds down in to. There's plenty ofempty spaceback there and it just goesto the trunk. Maybe that can help?!? I guess the 3g's are different...but i dunno. But don't put any wires outside the car, that's kinda dangerous. I'd say just remove the back seats and you might get to where you want. Unless mitsu welded a plate to seperate the trunk on 3g's, i *think* this might work....What exactly are you planning on doing, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Default RE: How to?

Subs and amps... I removed the rear seat pad thing, and I couldn't see any easy way to get to the trunk from there. I'll snap some pics, perhaps that may help. Thank you anyways, I appreciate the effort.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Old 05-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Default RE: How to?

Cancel, I just had to open the trunk and move the carpet, duh me. LOL Bonus, Mitsu also incoporated a firewall "conduit" so techies like me can run some high guage power wire from the battery to the amp with ease.