2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

How does $1700 shipped sound for...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Default How does $1700 shipped sound for...

I just got off the phone with a jdm dealer and they quoted me $1700. for the 90-92 1/21g 6-bolt complete engine with trans. Is that a pretty good deal??

Also is it a direct replacement for a 2nd gen or are there other nick nack things that i will need? If theres a link please let me know cuz i know this stuff has been asked a billion times, but im a noob .

Thanks,

Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How does $1700 shipped sound for...

Here is the link. And i think that might be a good deal if its a new engine, but used i think you could get a better price
http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf

If you were closer i would sell you my 6 bolt block but i dont want to ship it
Here is a good place to look for dsm parts
www.dsmtrader.com

also you could try some junk yards or this junk yard site
www.car-parts.com

Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Here is the link. And i think that might be a good deal if its a new engine, but used i think you could get a better price
http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf

If you were closer i would sell you my 6 bolt block but i dont want to ship it
Here is a good place to look for dsm parts
www.dsmtrader.com

also you could try some junk yards or this junk yard site
www.car-parts.com

Thanks, alot Engineer...

Old 01-14-2008, 05:53 PM

If the guys trying to tell you its a "JDM" engine and thusly cost more, remind him those engines are built here in the USA.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

If the guys trying to tell you its a "JDM" engine and thusly cost more, remind him those engines are built here in the USA.
Thanks, alot Dusty...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 AM

Actually, 4g63 motors are built in Japan. Our cars were only built here.They have the Evo's, Galants, etc, etc. So it could be a JDM motor, but that doesn't necessarily make it better.

Also, I just had a motor built for $1700, so yeah, you can do much better.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:59 AM

i got my 7 bolt 4g63 for1200 no shipping and no tranny estimated like 10k mi. on it

Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM

Thanks, guys... Also one other? i just thougt of, Would it make sense to put a bigger turbo on the car with the stock 7 bolt and in case it did get C- Walk transfer the parts over to the 6- bolt? Are the parts compatable with 6 and 7 bolts? I just wouldnt want to buy parts for the 7b and then they not work on the 6b. Alls i wil prolly do to either is bigger turbo, exhaust, bov. Im not looking for anything too crazy out of either i just want a fun car that will hold up so that i could have some fun. Thats the main reason that i am worried about the crank walk.

Thanks for all the help guys,

Old 01-15-2008, 02:46 PM

i have an upgraded turbo on my 7b and if my engine went i could swap them over to the 6b all of my bolt on mods. would be very easy to put on your 6b. i have the big 16g and i love it. how many miles do you have on your car? i really wouldnt worry about c walk it only happens to some not all so i wouldnt dwell on that. but i believemost parts would be transferable between 7 bolts and 6 bolt except trans and flywheel not sure tho some one help me out

Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: atown420

i have an upgraded turbo on my 7b and if my engine went i could swap them over to the 6b all of my bolt on mods. would be very easy to put on your 6b. i have the big 16g and i love it. how many miles do you have on your car? i really wouldnt worry about c walk it only happens to some not all so i wouldnt dwell on that. but i believemost parts would be transferable between 7 bolts and 6 bolt except trans and flywheel not sure tho some one help me out
Thanks, alot atown... I actually dont have the car yet but there are a couple that i really like which i want to purchase but the c walk scared me off. I really want a 2nd gen though. But it seems lie im too worried about c walk from what a few of you are teling me. It just scares me to think that if i bought it for $5kand a couple months later it gets the c walk it will cost me another $5k to have a stock 6 bolt put in. I have the money for the car but not anothe $5k laying around to put in the stock 6 bolt if it happens to get crankwalk. Are there any other inexpensive ways to go about it? And just so i understand corectly when people say $5k on average for a 6 bolt is this a stock 6 bolt or a built one? Because that seems like alot for a stock one and thats all i want because my goals are not that crazy.

Thanks, again...

Quick Reply: How does $1700 shipped sound for...