2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

How much.......hp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004 | 11:09 PM
Default How much.......hp?

Im new to the forum.... but anyways id like to know how much horsepower i could get with a header and a high flow cat and a pipe from my exhaust to my cat.....all basic stuff nothing fancy but if anyone could give me a rough guess that'd be awesome thanks!

Old 07-07-2004 | 11:24 AM
Default RE: How much.......hp?

what car do you have... gs/gst/gsx? spyder? figure about a 8 to 12 % increase withh all of those combined. Maybe a little more but that is a safe guestimate.

Old 07-07-2004 | 05:27 PM

i got the rs lol.....but don't worry im going to be droppin the front wheel drive turbo in soon......well not really soon since i just bought alot of exterior and interior parts but im gussing next year this thing will be go and show not all show no go

Old 07-07-2004 | 05:30 PM

just buy smart if you are plannin to turbo... different headers for a turbo... drivetrain needs beefing if you are going to significantly increase hp...

Old 07-07-2004 | 08:17 PM

Well if you're going to buy a turbo, then dont bother with the headers, because when you get the turbo kit, you'll have to get custom headers to connect to the turbo, but if you're not gonna get the turbo for a really long time, then just purchase the headers. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, i also have an RS.

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:22 AM

Or me....lol, I'm in the middle of the tedious task of becoming force fed.
Peace.
Phil

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:28 AM

im glad mine came out of the box with zoom zoom... I would go nuts, slowly making the crossover...

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:56 AM

It's been a long time coming bro...I first REALLY got turned on when I took my first ride in my stepdad's 1989 Supra Turbo, back in 1990. Then the rush of getting to take it out for my first legal drive. Ha ha, I was "aroused". ****, my Mom, to this day, still has her 89 RX-7, although not a turbo II, that thing screams. After going through a 97 Eclipse and hydro-locking that engine before having a chance to turbo pissed me off. Then I had to settle w/a 2nd Gen teg for a while. I owned a 1995 GST for a day...and it turned out to be ****....but anything for $2500 would be. I should have kept it though (the piston rings were about gone & it was smoking like hell), it was missing a BOV and all types of stuff. That's how I ended up w/the teg. ACURA of ORANGE PARK in Jacksonville, FL (7 hour drive from Montgomery, AL) jipped me...bastards. But anyway...this isn't going to end up a I hate them post. Like I said before, I should have kept it and did a motor swap....but i was thinking short term, i was sick of spending $ & REALLY sick of driving my g/f's 03 Civic. Bad decision on my side....they were even going to FLATBED the car for me for free...and I turned it down...man...now I'm upset.
Anyway....2 weeks after getting back w/my mint 2G teg, I couldn't resist the sex appeal & traded it in for the Green Demon you see today. Hard to say no regrets, but i've been on the turbo side of things, for one day atleast.
Man, this sucks....lol....and here i am about to turbo this bad boy....****ed up but true.
Phil

Old 07-08-2004 | 12:14 PM

Keep us posted as to how its going. I remember when i got my first car... bought it a month before i turned 16, and a week after i turned 16, some old biddy on her way to church came around the corner, was checkin her power locks(cause she was late) and nailed my car. 92 duster. Then proceded to go to church. so after i called the police and filed the hit and run... she came back. So i called the cop back... and it being his first trafic accident ever!! She had the audacity to say "his insurance would have covered it" He walked her out and showed her my car...

front quarter, driver door, hood, and she rolled it back with her chrystler new yorker about 8 ft. by by tranny. i lost 1st and 3rd gear... only driving in second for the two weeks i had to get estimates so i could total it. I was pissed... then i found my 5L monte carlo... Have to love the sound of a 4 barrel carb mounted on american muscle.

Old 07-08-2004 | 12:31 PM

Damn...yeah...seems the 1st month is a bitch w/new cars....a week after i got the 97, a guy rear ended me at a light....we were BOTH at a dead stop & the genius thought I moved off. He was a retired USAF Colonel...contracted out to the government....****, I worked him over good.
Peace.
Phil

Quick Reply: How much.......hp?