Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Default RE: I"m confused as S*** about my vacuum lines

no?!! wait one.. I'll check it out

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Rob
Banned

That's thread is for the intake mani they make for the evo, not dsm's. You're all set.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 PM

JOHN!!! you almost made me kill someone... thats some pretty messed up stuff... however, if it does that for the evo... maybe it doesn't work as well as I thought for the dsm... who knows.. its basically the same design. Maybe the only benefit is has is "BEING BLING BLINGY" that would really **** me off... oh well... we kinda pirated this thread... so yeah... vacuum lines... yeah

Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM

well first off the mess came like that. and i know it was a 1st gen head with manifold, not sure about the block. and i put a 1st gen tb on it after i rebuilt it, and i recirculated that bov a while ago just didnt update the pic. and it's cool i can take the heat,lol yeah about those vacuum lines, haha yeah i'm pretty sure i fixed most of the problems, cuz tonight i put in the rebuilt tb and slapped the bov on and i took it for a test run, and it would stutter if i floored it, then once a few seconds past it would boost fine. but if i would let it build up lil by lil it wouldn't sputter. then once i popped the hood after the test run, i noticed the bov wasn't connected to the manifold anymore it fell off. so do you guys think it sputtered cuz of that?

Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM

oh ya by the way, i'm pretty sure my oil pan has that dent in it like the one john gave me the link too, so yay for that

Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 PM

yeah that would definitely make it stutter. That stutter could actually be your turbo destroying itself. Without the boost reference from the intake manifold, the BOV won't release the pressure and when the throttle plate snaps closed during shifting, that compressed air has nowhere left to go but back through your turbo (compressor surge) try zip tying the vacuum line onto your BOV and onto the intake manifold. That should fix it. have a good night brother.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 PM

thanks a lot and yeah next time i work on it imma slap sum clamps on all the ends or just ziptie them. and of course right when i fix the car we're suppose to get 10 inches tomorrow, so my car is staying put,haha i have trouble in the rain can't imagine the snow. and thanks a lot for all the advice

Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: lhausi2

oh ya by the way, i'm pretty sure my oil pan has that dent in it like the one john gave me the link too, so yay for that
alright so you have a 7 bolt block with a 1g head and manifold. Im wondering if this person had to swap an engine in from a 93-94 eclipse because the old one wrecked. And then the person who did the install just didnt know how to keep and engine bay clean (or didnt care). Thats my guess anyway

Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM

who knows. I find missing or extra $h!t on my car everytime i work on it. Extra wires.... the missing through bolt for the rear tranny mount... the previous owner should be shot..

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 AM

yeah but my s*** was done by someone who owns a garage, what does that tell you,lol and yeah everyone says they took it all apart, ripped the motor and tranny out and dash and all that stuff, and it still came out like A**. I don't get why they would put a 6 bolt head on a 7 bolt block, shouldn't it be the other way around? cuz the 6 bolt has no crankwalk and the 7 bolt head flows better? my favorite one i saw the other night while working on it was, you guys saw how i had the egr block off plate,right? there's an egr valve under the uicp like mounted to the block. also what was that sensor you guys said wasn't plugged in, the one just sitting on my manifold?

Quick Reply: I"m confused as S*** about my vacuum lines