2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

I got in a accident and need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Default I got in a accident and need advice

on where to buy very cheap parts i need bumper fender headlights sideskirts .....this is how it goes
well not the best thing happend i bought an other eclipse gs 1995 for 800 bucks from a mechanic it has sunroof and a decent interior i got this car on tuesday the 12 the same day i get my plates and insurance i start driving around to get a feel of it(since i am use too driving my truck) well i stop at a stop sign look both ways and i let go of the brake in less then a second a chick(she was cute) got in front of me broke off my bumper and shifted my fenders radiator hood and broke off my bumper (what a first day) now i need too pull ,my front end get a bumper and headlights and fenders for an affordable price since i have to pay 1500 for my insurance and 100for a ticket that i am going to get points for if i dont pay an extra 400 (yeah sucks right) but i am going to plan on hooking it up if i fix when i fix the front end btw its a second gen if any parts decide to come thru

Old 05-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

If your looking for used parts check dsmtrader.com and dsmtalk.com.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:10 PM

and like always you are there for me thankyou once again you know a lot i admire your wisdom

Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Go to a junk yard and also check here which is an online junkyard search for parts.
www.car-part.com

Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 AM

The website was really good but the bumper didnt pop up and i have a concern my front end shifted a lil towards the left because of my right side being pushed in do you guys think that if i take a pully and hook it on and start pulling would help solve that problem because a body shop would most likely over price me for the fact thats my front end has any one ever done that or paid a body shop how much was it if you did ?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 PM

i just posted under your other topic :P but after reading that last message, it sounds like you bent your frame??? if so... your screwed man, dont waste your time on it seriously, part out the engine and transmission, you will prolly get alot more than you payed for the car if you do that actually, look up used engines and transmissions for that car to see wat they are going for, most likely you will make more than 800.

if its not the frame then idk wat you would do really im not a body guy, but either way give the parting it out idea some serious thought. besides, if you part it out and make some money off it you can pay those tickets you got and go buy a gst/x !!!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

how did a bumper not pop up. That bumper is probably the easiest thing to find.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 PM

well the bumper didnt show up but since i know it is i dont really pay mind to it the frame isnt bent just the front brace its not crazy just minor really minor too be exact i am going to take pictures and post them up tomorrow the tickets i am going to have to pay anyways so atleast i am going to keep the car (which i now call crash) like the nintendo character (i wouldnt like to part it out because ir sleeps on the street so having half a ca on a block its going to be more problem but thanks for the idea (i am going to work on it tomorrow monday .......pull the brace and find a bumper for now =) the hood is slightly bent but il live

Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 PM

mmmm idk man i think its just a screwed up fender, but ya never know, just buy wat you can and do wat you can... also one more piece of advice, when i had my 95 talon i bought a passenger fender from ebay and it fit perfect and looked as good as the origional and i saved alot of money, idk the company i bought it from but just lettin ya know they are out there lol

Quick Reply: I got in a accident and need advice