2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

I seriously need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Default I seriously need some help

I was driving down the road in my 96 gs and all of a sudden my oil pressure light came on and my car jerked a little then the light went off again then it came on again and jerked again and then it came on again and it died. All in a time frame of 30 seconds or so, so i pulled into a store while i was rolling still and i check everything oil levels, whether or not my oil pan was leaking, because i just changed it out yesterday with a new one, my filter to make sure it was back on tight and everything was like it needed to be.
And then i tryed to crank it up again and nothing happens it just turns and turn and never cranks. I got my friend to go to the exaust and make sure air was still coming out just to be sure that it didnt lock up or some ****.
Any advice, is needed asap.

My only thoughts are maybe the oil pump went out, and there is some kinda safty type thing preventing it from starting.
I have no clue on this one..

Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Default RE: I seriously need some help

im surprised no one has replyed yet .. lol

Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 AM

do you know how to check your check engine light to see whats wrong with it

Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 AM

oil pressure lights on the gs models is either you have oil or you don't. Odds are something really bad happened with the oil pump. tear it apart and see what it is.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Did any of the other lights come on? Cuz to me it sounds like an electrical problem... Has your ECU had the capacitor upgrade done? It just sounds like the car was losing power then getting it back then losing it permanently... If it WERE an oil problem the engine likely wouldn't turn over. It more likely would have frozen and locked solid making it one of the worlds' most expensive paperweights...

Old 12-13-2005, 09:57 AM

I thought the capacitor issues were only with the 1g.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:17 AM

You may want to do a compression check on it to find out if you still have good compression. If not, you may have blown a head gasket

Old 12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

I thought the cap problem ran through the 1G and 2G series but was fixed for the 3G... I could be wrong though...

Old 12-13-2005, 10:07 PM

Ive been thinking on it all day and im thinking it could be my coil pack that went out.
As for who ever replyed check my check engine light.. Its not on.
But some bitch told me i could leave my car where it died at and they towed it this morning so i have to get it out of their yard or w/e then i get to fix it. Sounds so much like fun.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Your check engine light might not be on now but if it came on at all there would be a code left in the computer to be read. Try the coil pack first see what happens there. You should be able to do that one yourself. It's a fairly straightforward swap. If you need any help be sure to ask. But MAKE SURE you mark where things go before you start piulling them off the car.

Quick Reply: I seriously need some help