2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

i think i might turbo my 95 eclipse gs

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Default i think i might turbo my 95 eclipse gs

hey guys i have a 95 gs it has an exhaust and intake and its 5 speed im thinking about putting like a 8 pound turbo in it and was wondering what was involved in adding it i know i need a turbo the exhaust manifold down pipe blow off and intercooler and piping i was just wondering your guys oppinion and what the best parts to get were thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Default RE: i think i might turbo my 95 eclipse gs

youll need a greddy emanage or something injectors fuel pump clutch gauges oil lines and fittings. its not just a backyard project it takes alot to work and after it is all installed it will take time to tune it before you can even take advantage

Old 01-23-2006, 12:35 PM

yeah it would honestly be a lot of work and quite a bit of money.. so if u got a lot of time and money go for it...but honestly.. you got a 4 Cyl...your not gone go very far very fast at all..keep it N/A and it will be less of a head ache..

BUT! it is your car and if u do decide to go down that road.. good luck...have fun and POST SOME PICS!!

Old 01-23-2006, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

youll need a greddy emanage or something injectors fuel pump clutch gauges oil lines and fittings. its not just a backyard project it takes alot to work and after it is all installed it will take time to tune it before you can even take advantage
The stock injectors are good up to 10 psi, the clutch will also work up to 10 psi depending on how you drive. The emanage is not needed at all

You will need a...

fmu, or sfmu(if you ge a sfmu you will need to make a return line setup)
oil lines, feed and dump
Oil pan fitting, and junction block for the feed line.
fcd or missing link
fuel pump, 225lph walbro

It dosent sound too bad but to give you an idea, I did this orginally for daammnn, If you buy everything off ebay for the cheapest possible price and do all of fabercation/insteall your self the cheapest you can get away is 1500. Thats not including everything either thats just the nesecties, you will also want to get a boost gauge, oil press gauge, egt gauge and a fuel press gauge so you can moniter the car and make sure that its running properly.

Like emonz said its alot of work and very involved, if you wont be able to keep up with the matinance or be able to afford a motor rebuild down the road dont do it.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

The stock injectors are good up to 10 psi, the clutch will also work up to 10 psi depending on how you drive. The emanage is not needed at all

You will need a...

fmu, or sfmu(if you ge a sfmu you will need to make a return line setup)
oil lines, feed and dump
Oil pan fitting, and junction block for the feed line.
fcd or missing link
fuel pump, 225lph walbro

It dosent sound too bad but to give you an idea, I did this orginally for daammnn, If you buy everything off ebay for the cheapest possible price and do all of fabercation/insteall your self the cheapest you can get away is 1500. Thats not including everything either thats just the nesecties, you will also want to get a boost gauge, oil press gauge, egt gauge and a fuel press gauge so you can moniter the car and make sure that its running properly.

Like emonz said its alot of work and very involved, if you wont be able to keep up with the matinance or be able to afford a motor rebuild down the road dont do it.
so you want him to replace the fuel pump but keep the stock injectors? wheres the logic in that? you can get the injectors for cheap and it will be alot safer than the stock ones.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:21 PM

2G 4g63 down pipe including all gaskets. 02 housing including all gaskets. Turbo exhaust manafold.
Turbocharger Including all install parts "gaskets, crush washers, supply and return oil lines ......"
Boost Controller
Intake with a High flow filter intercooler with all IC piping and BOV.
EGT "exhaust gas temp" gauge and boost gauge
injectors and bugger fuel pump 190lph or bigger.
Data logger and SMIC

This is what is recommened to have.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

2G 4g63 down pipe including all gaskets. 02 housing including all gaskets. Turbo exhaust manafold.
Turbocharger Including all install parts "gaskets, crush washers, supply and return oil lines ......"
Boost Controller
Intake with a High flow filter intercooler with all IC piping and BOV.
EGT "exhaust gas temp" gauge and boost gauge
injectors and bugger fuel pump 190lph or bigger.
Data logger and SMIC

This is what is recommened to have.
None of the 4g63 exaust parts will fit on the 420a

I was speaking from a inexpensive angle of the project, the stock fuel pump simply cant supply enough fuel for the turbo, but the injectors are big enough to do so... so why mess with something that dosent need to be replaced? If you ahve enough cash to buy a full setup I, personally would hit up hahn and get a stage 2 kit instead of asking on a forum what is needed and buying everything seprate.

If your talking about being safe he should ditch any though of a fmu and go driectly to a sfmu with a fuel pressure gauge. The fmu's that come with the hrc kits and the star kits give unsteady a/f ratios and some times leek expecially the car tech ones that the hrc stage 1 kit is equipped with. The sfmu is 3 times the cost of the fmu and requires tuning to work but will give rock solid a/f ratios and fuel pressure. If he wanted to get injectors anything larger than 24lbs needs a safc or another type of piggy back unit to make it work which is another 300 bucks, and if he ever decided to go bigger with his set up he would have to buy another set of injectors becuse the 24lbs would be too small.

BTW I misread the post you wont need a fcd or missing link seeing how the car is a 95 and the mas wont apply fuel cut. Also the sfmu in your case would be ideal over the fmu becasue that year came equiped with a return line you would just need to buy adapters to make the an fittings hook up to the rubber fuel hose.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM

If your talking about being safe he should ditch any though of a fmu and go driectly to a sfmu with a fuel pressure gauge.
you should be thinking about being safe ALL of the time. just because people have a budget doesn't mean that they want to sacrifice that safety of the engine.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 PM

WEll if you feel that way call up hahn and star and tell them that will all of their turbo kits they should sell vortech sfmu's instead of the car techs because all of the kits they are selling are unsafe. Also contact Slowboyracing, they are selling 420a turbo kits without fmu's. They recomend that you throw in some injectors and a safc and everything will be alright.

If you want me to tell people what the safest thing to do, this kid mines as well build his bottom end. A 95 is more then likley(unless it was a trailer queen) going to have 100k+ miles on it. Pushing 8psi into a old tired ringland is a terrible idea and if he does he will proly blow the ringland in 8 months.

There are certian degrees of safety. You can get a head wound if you get into an acident while driving a car but are you going to wear a hemilt every time you get behind the wheel? Yes the fmu's can fail but half of the time they dont. I was simply building of the remark that you said about the injectors not being safe, which they are at 10 psi.

Here it is, I have been involved on 2g nt.com for a while and I have seen it all and done my share of research, If you wnat to go buy a emanag that you will have to get someone to tune, huge injectors that you wont even use the full potentional of, and a 4g63 exaust system that wont bolt up to the car then go ahead. I am just trying to share my knolage on the subject.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:19 PM

If you wnat to go buy a emanag that you will have to get someone to tune, huge injectors that you wont even use the full potentional of, and a 4g63 exaust system that wont bolt up to the car then go ahead. I am just trying to share my knolage on the subject.
you don't have to have somebody else tune the emanage. you can tune it yourself if you know what you are doing.

Quick Reply: i think i might turbo my 95 eclipse gs