2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

jdm vs dsm trans...hate...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Default jdm vs dsm trans...hate...

so i pulled the transmission out of my 95 talon tsi (turbo awd), and i went to swap it with a jdm transmission WITH THE SAME NUMBER, and it was a WHOLE HALF INCH SHORTER all around... the torque converter was so tiny, and i feel really jipped. i bought it from jdmenginescorp.com, this guy is a joke. He gave me a garuantee, then when i called him and told him that the transmission wouldn't even mount right if i tried to use it, he said that he never gauruntees transmissions, only blocks...So i actually tried to bolt it up, the TC wouldn't even turn it was against the flex-plate so tight. The funny thing is i ended up using the jdm tranny for rebuild parts, now i've got a little half and halfer...After all that I had a huge conflict with the shifting, but got it under control. I was test driving around my town, and all of a sudden the little compartment next to the cup-holder had a spark? my dome lights and radio quit working. I checked the all the fuses, and replaced my stereo and bulbs, but neither helped?? is there something i'm not thinking of here?[:@]

p.s.: never buy from jdmenginescorp, and always be careful when buying jdm parts, i've heard other people complain about model number mishaps..

Old 10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Default RE: jdm vs dsm trans...hate...

no offense, why buy JDM parts? is it just to say that you have JDM parts? is it the only way to get replacement parts for the older model eclipses/talons?

Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM

in japan people keep their cars up until about 40K miles. it's a general rule of thumb to dispose of a car at 50K... hence low milage parts. Also, it's expensive...real expensive to drive there in general, so most drivers use their equipment properly...

Old 10-31-2005, 03:19 PM

Except for the rich kids who dont give a **** and beat the **** out of their cars.... sounds like a cool hot wire touched a cool ground wire.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Possibly a wire got caught somewhere and rubbed raw finally? Also the Mitsu's are KNOWN for having wiring that's WAY too thin to be in the safety zone for current in the first place.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:02 PM

uggghhh

Old 11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

What are we ughing for?

Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 PM

we "uugghh" because we are tired, and this car is pissing me off... i rewired that ****, and it still wouldn't work... you want to know what the problem was? the front fuse box has a yellow pair of 10's. and when i replaced those fuses initially, i didn't push the yellow clamp ALL the way back down...
as of last nite, i offically gave up on life...

Old 11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Are you SERIOUS it arc'n'sparked cuz the fuses weren't in all the way?!?! damn dude... LOL I'd still trade ya my truck for your car lol

Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Derf you need something to take your mind off that car...Like anything. That has got to be the most over looked simple solution ever!Lol

Quick Reply: jdm vs dsm trans...hate...