2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

just my luck - accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Default just my luck - accident

So after I finally get my car out of the shop after having installed a new turbo, FMIC, bigger injectors, fuel pump, afc, wideband, 97 bumper and headlights, and new tensioners for my belt; and after finally tuning it, my *** gets into a car accident.

Some stupid yellow cab tries to go from the left lane and into the right while not friggin looking and hits me into a parked car.

Good news is, the damage was mostly to my front right fender and tire. Looks like I will proly need control arms, stabilizer bar, maybe a tie rod, hub assembly, rim, tire, strut, strut mount, fender.

Bad thing is I don't have collision and lawyer says it will proly be a 70/30 of responsibility in my favor.

I'll post pics.

Sigh

Old 05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned
Default RE: just my luck - accident

Damnit, thats bull****.

I would go ceerrraaazzzy on his ***.

Pics pics!!!!

Good luck

Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 PM

if he cut you off and he hit you why isnt he paying for all of it?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

^^ Point exactly.

I think that falls under failure to maintain control of your vehicle.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 PM

get yourself a new lawyer

Old 05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

Unfortunatly a lawyer might just be more than the repair costs itself.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Dude good lawyers r expensive, mine was 2500 bucks for one hearing. And it was well worth it tho, but yeah I can see yo get screwed just cuz,lol

Old 05-04-2008, 03:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that brother... good luck with getting it repaired though. These guys are 100% right though. It doesn't matter if you have collision insurance or not. That only covers your car if it was your fault. That guy/his insurance should be paying for your car

Old 05-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Fight these insurance companies. They will try and rationalize it to make it be like 80% his fault just so they get out with alittle less. Then youll have to pay for 20% of the cost to fix your car. All they want is a quick settlement. Just fight against them because if all you were doing is driving straight there is no way it should be your fault.

Did you have a cop go to the scene and was the cab driver issued a citation?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Yea, it's exactly what engineer said. Insurance companies will try and settle quickly so they agree to share blame. That's why worst case scenario is 70/30. That's not so bad, but I would like maybe the most 90/10. See the thing is, usually your insurance will handle it and you won't hear anything about it afterwards. Thing is, they will raise your premium like 10% eventually because of it, and you may not notice because they sometimes take their time to do it.

The good news is, I can't really see how they can apply any blame to me becoz like it was said, I was driving straight and I have right of way. Even the damage on all the cars is consistent with that. So unless this cabbie comes up with a bs witness I can't see how they can blame me for anything.

Yes, I have a police report.

The lawyer I have is actually working with my friend on a case and is giving me free advice. he said WORST case is 70/30 so that sounds like good news to me.

Now the issue is how long will this crap take to get done.

The other thing is, I know they won't pay for my TEIN super streets. Those things are like 250 a pop. I'm hoping the strut is not damaged, but if it is, I am not sure how I can find just one replacement strut. I might have to cough up like 500 to get the front pair.

Can I just buy one strut?

some accident pics

You can see the steering is straight here

Here you can see the tire is not straight - d'oh!

A view from behind the tire

I have to leave it at the shop to get a decent estimate. So that's why I can't get better pics right now.

Quick Reply: just my luck - accident