2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

kinda confused

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Default kinda confused

alright guys i have a 95 talon esi and when im driving down the road sometime it will just cut out for no reason at all...i mean just total loss of power then i'll pop the clutch and it'll start right back up any ideas on what this might be??

Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Default RE: kinda confused

you mean the carshuts off while driving? or gets a loss of power like a misfire or somethng?

Old 03-28-2007, 11:34 AM

when you say it goes completeyl dead, do you mean electrical and all? i'd say check ur battery terminals, u may have enough corrosion to where you'll lose connection for a second then it comes back on.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 PM

no like the electrical stayes...i know that b/c the dash lights come on like the ones that come on when you put the key in but dont start it...like the engine shuts down completly...idk its pretty wild stuff i dont understand it...batter and terminals are brand new

Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 PM

hm... when it does run is it running correctly and strong? any hesitation or studdering of any kind? this won't be the whole problem but may help with it, check ur plugs. also check ur wires and distributor coil for any kind of corrosion.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 PM

it runs great when it decides to run lol the plugs are brand new i just changed them after i bought the car although i do have a slight idea of what could be the prob...when i was taking the old plugs out i noticed that the plug all the way to the right of the engine on the driver's side was covered in oil from the threads down...a buddy of mine said that this could just be b/c it sat for a while or b/c i have oil coming past my piston rings...idk i should prob check that plug again and see if its still doing it...sometime it will studder a little bit but that usually happens when it tries to die and then doesnt...never changed the wires yet though didnt really have the money to do it at the time...

Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM

i had a problem similar to that when my timing belt was messed up and my head gasket was blown... not sure which of these 2 problems was causing my car to have this problem but i'd check ur timing w/ a timing light and see if ur on.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM

thought about doing that a few days ago b/c a buddy of mine had brought his timing light over to set the timing on a v8 we were working on...ok thanks man i'll try that and see what it does for me...hopefully it'll work out...on more question though...well actually its a small series of questions...would 97 headlight mount to a 95 talon esi correctly...i already have a 97 front bumper up there and it goes w/o saying that the headlights and the bumper dont mount well together...and the car is in fairly decent shape other than the problem i just told you about...how much do you think it would sell for...

Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 PM

as long as you have the 2gb matching bumper and headlights, yes it will mount. but you can't have them mismatched, the shapes are different.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 PM

yeah def noticed that over the weekend...i got it on there but the bumper cover overlaps the inside corner of the heads just a little bit...it doesnt look too bad but im still getting some 2gb headlights to go on it...they look better anyways...

Quick Reply: kinda confused