Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Middle cup holder (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/middle-cup-holder-9720/)

5Tizzle 04-09-2006 12:27 AM

Middle cup holder

I dont know if its broken, or if its a crappy design, because I have never been in another eclipse or talon. Of my friends im the only one who knows how to close it. I have to pull it up then from that point i cant really explain it, but i kinda push it back while still pulling it up.

Is it supposed to be this hard? or is it really simple for everyone else?

TheEngineer 04-09-2006 12:31 AM

RE: Middle cup holder

no it should just need to be lifted easily to open and just givin a small push and it will close. Yours is probably broken...those break very easily

5Tizzle 04-09-2006 12:48 AM

dang. Where would i find one? Ive looked around a little, but looking for a cupholder gets dull very quickly

TheEngineer 04-09-2006 12:55 AM

if i remeber arnt those like part of the whole center console? If so i dont think you can get a new one. It might just be a part in there that you are missing or that broke

Sanguinius 04-09-2006 03:24 AM

I don't know for sure but there's probably a small panel that pops out or unscrews around it and the cupholder should come out as a unit. Check local junkyards one should have one still in good shape somewhere.

5Tizzle 04-09-2006 05:34 AM

theres only one junkyard within reasonable driving distance, and they just cleared out something like 7/10 of all of their cars for some reason...

TheEngineer 04-09-2006 01:08 PM

on the 2g's the cup holder is all part of the consol...so i dont think that you can just take the cup holder out

5Tizzle 04-09-2006 05:19 PM

Well i do need other interior parts. Does anyone know of any good sites with new interior pieces?

Sanguinius 04-09-2006 07:27 PM

Nah the cupholder has moving parts so there HAS to be a way to take it out. Might have to take the console out to do it but it WILL come off.

TheEngineer 04-10-2006 12:56 AM

sang have you ever seen the cup holder in the 2g?

Sanguinius 04-10-2006 04:56 PM

Once in passing... lol... But if it has moving parts then it HAS to come out...

TheEngineer 04-10-2006 06:57 PM

I am willing to bet that all he is missing is a spring, cuz im pretty sure that is what creates the snapping. So i would just take apart the console and see. If i had my car i would take a picture to show you what it should look like but i dont

5Tizzle 04-10-2006 08:00 PM

yeah there is no spring. thats what i figured was missing, but i dont know. Somebody be my best friend and take a picture so i know where the spring goes

get435 04-11-2006 05:34 PM

first off the 2g cup holder dose not come out of the consol the lid dose but not the cup holder. now the black pice in the cup holder should have 2 little plastic pices that clip in the side of the cup holder sounds confusing but look at it and you will know what i am talking about. these round progs are broken off i bet now i do not know if the delaership sells the black round pice that is attached to the lid but they would be the best place to go for parts like a consol or a cupholder lid because not all aftermarket parts are the same color as the interior.

TheEngineer 04-12-2006 11:59 AM

i still say go to a junk yard. They have got to have this type of peice. I know near me there is a junk yard that lets you walk around with tools to take what you want out of the cars. To me this is your best bet to finding it.