2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

To the Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Default RE: To the Moderators

no, the only options I added to the MR spec was the ground wires and sway bars.

I wasnt trying to find comparable cars, What I was trying to do was show the point that generally speaking the top of the line model on a "performance" car is usually between 10-12 grand more.
Granted the EVO is no longer based on the lancer. however, they do still put the lancer name on it dont they? or did I just conjure that up in my imagination.
I was not trying to form a comparative evaluation based on performance numbers, because lets face it, the evo, and sti are in a class all their own. And being so, there just isnt anything that compare for the money. I tried my best to show the diffrence in what is a base model, and what is a top of the line model. Thats all i was trying to do.

Other than the EVO, and STI, I dont know of any cars in their class here in the states. Nor do I know of any in their price range that can run with them anywhere else in the world. However I would still like to point out that we pay a huge premium here for the evo. And dont forget that Mitsu really screwed over the U.S. when they first brought the evo here to begin with. Oh, how long was the list of things they left off stating "americans dont want that stuff". Once they added the rest of the "EVO" stuff to turn the half assed stripper car they sold here into the real thing, they started selling ALOT better than they were, which is not to say they were selling bad, just people wanted the whole shebang.

So, if you want to compare buy performance numbers, then we need to go to the big guns, like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and the like. Then again, as soon as I do that you'll all be hollering about the price diffrence. So then we go to the slower cars in that catagorie... Then you'll scream about the performance diffrence, so basically, Im screwed...

in the words of eric cartman

"screw you guys, I'm going home"

Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM

ok so just becouse the evo says lancer its a lancer? IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE SAME CHASSIS! so is an srt-4 comparable to a neon perhaps? no of course it isnt a neon is ****....what about a base model mustang to a cobra? obviously there is a huge price differences couse they are not the same car. think of the lancer and evo as two completely different platforms becouse that is what they are...just like a neon to an srt-4.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 PM

oh and the base model evo is the rs...hmm only 8-9k difference now eh?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:02 PM

so your saying that a z06 corvette is not a corvette anymore because it has a diffrent engine trans, suspension and stuff.
If it isnt a lancer anymore, then they need to pull that badge off the trunk-lid, and everyone needs to stop saying "wow, thats a great car especially considering its econo-car roots."

I am not saying its got the same chassis, truthfully, i dont know. I know it used to have the same chassis. I know that the one they brought over here the VIII used the lancer chassis. I know the new one (X) shares the chassis with the new outlander, and some other yet to be released cars, but how does that matter.

The fact remains that Mitsu glues that lancer sticker to the back of each and everyone it sells. For a long time, they wouldnt even put the "evo" sticker on the thing in anything bigger than small print, for fear people would figure out they screwed the pooch on it.

Me personally, I dont like it. Thats my opinion, Me, just me, I know. I would rather have an STI. Not that I think the evo is a bad car, or not worthy of all the praise it has recieved. It certanly does. It is a great car, and has wonderfull dynamics. It drives great, and is a huge ego basher. But, in the end. the STi has more power, is faster, and handles almost as well. and is faster at the track.Dont believe me.
Read the specs on sport compact cars own web-page. The STi beat the **** out of the evo in acceleration. Hung in there pretty close on the handling. It turned in faster acceleration times, and a faster lap time. PERIOD. heres the link, read it for yourself http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...cc_sti_vs_evo/

then theres this little tid-bit.
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

and finally theres these I copied from Car and Driver heres the link.
I would have had all this like 20 minutes ago, but i am downloading to much **** right now, and my cable is going into melt down I think
screw it, go to Car and Driver and find it yourself.
Heres the first shoot out they did,

EVO 8
Price--- 29,582 to 30,062
Engine--- 2.0L/271-HP turbocharged (19.5 lbs. of boost)
Trans--- 5 speed
0-60 mph, sec---- 5.0
0-100 mph, sec--- 13.5
0-130 mph, sec--- 28.5
1/4 mile, Sec@mph---13.6@101
Braking, 70-0, ft--- 157
Street Start 5-60mph--- 6.7
300-foot skidpad, g.--- 0.90
Curb Weight, lbs.--- 3260
top speed--- 156(red line limited)

WRX STI
Price--- 31,520(base price)
Engine--- 2.5L/300HP turbocharged (14.5 lbs. of boost)
Trans--- 6 speed
0-60 mph, sec--- 4.6
0-100 mph, sec--- 12.4
0-130 mph, sec--- 24.5
1/4 mile, Sec@mph--- 13.2@103
Braking, 70-0, ft--- 166
Street Start 5-60mph--- 5.8
top speed--- 145(governed)

and heres the second.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ans-page4.html

Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

so your saying that a z06 corvette is not a corvette anymore because it has a diffrent engine trans, suspension and stuff.
If it isnt a lancer anymore, then they need to pull that badge off the trunk-lid, and everyone needs to stop saying "wow, thats a great car especially considering its econo-car roots."

I am not saying its got the same chassis, truthfully, i dont know. I know it used to have the same chassis. I know that the one they brought over here the VIII used the lancer chassis. I know the new one (X) shares the chassis with the new outlander, and some other yet to be released cars, but how does that matter.

The fact remains that Mitsu glues that lancer sticker to the back of each and everyone it sells. For a long time, they wouldnt even put the "evo" sticker on the thing in anything bigger than small print, for fear people would figure out they screwed the pooch on it.

Me personally, I dont like it. Thats my opinion, Me, just me, I know. I would rather have an STI. Not that I think the evo is a bad car, or not worthy of all the praise it has recieved. It certanly does. It is a great car, and has wonderfull dynamics. It drives great, and is a huge ego basher. But, in the end. the STi has more power, is faster, and handles almost as well. and is faster at the track.Dont believe me.
Read the specs on sport compact cars own web-page. The STi beat the **** out of the evo in acceleration. Hung in there pretty close on the handling. It turned in faster acceleration times, and a faster lap time. PERIOD. heres the link, read it for yourself http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...cc_sti_vs_evo/

then theres this little tid-bit.
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

and finally theres these I copied from Car and Driver heres the link.
I would have had all this like 20 minutes ago, but i am downloading to much **** right now, and my cable is going into melt down I think
screw it, go to Car and Driver and find it yourself.
Heres the first shoot out they did,

EVO 8
Price--- 29,582 to 30,062
Engine--- 2.0L/271-HP turbocharged (19.5 lbs. of boost)
Trans--- 5 speed
0-60 mph, sec---- 5.0
0-100 mph, sec--- 13.5
0-130 mph, sec--- 28.5
1/4 mile, Sec@mph---13.6@101
Braking, 70-0, ft--- 157
Street Start 5-60mph--- 6.7
top speed--- 156(red line limited)

WRX STI
Price--- 31,520(base price)
Engine--- 2.5L/300HP turbocharged (14.5 lbs. of boost)
Trans--- 6 speed
0-60 mph, sec--- 4.6
0-100 mph, sec--- 12.4
0-130 mph, sec--- 24.5
1/4 mile, Sec@mph--- 13.2@103
Braking, 70-0, ft--- 166
Street Start 5-60mph--- 5.8
top speed--- 145(governed)

and heres the second.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ans-page4.html
1. ZO6 is a trim line of the corvetter like an eclipse gs to gt...a lancer and evo have there own all seperate trim lines and are completely different.

2. and what? it looks like the top 5 times are all evos? what exactly is your point here sir?

3. looks like the evo was cheaper huh? didnt you start all this bull**** becouse the lancer was soooo much cheaper then the evo? WTF? you are comparing it to a car that cost even more!

4. the evo IX will rape any of your stock little sti's when it comes to numbers, handling, and drag times. I know people who sold their sti's to get an evo

the evo is much faster already in drag times still using the 4g63 while the fastest suby is still in the 10's correct? maybe 9s?

the evo was sport compact car of the year two years in a row i believe

the 4g63 owns your ej20 and ej25 motors over and over again

the fastest and quickest 4g63 powered dsm's are running 6's and 7's...so what about them ej motors?

you are entitled to your opinion...i like stis too but the evo just performes better in most situations.

and i dont understand why you have changed this to an evo vs. sti thing in the first ****ing place...i only stated that the lancer was completely different from the evo and it is...so why are you keeping up this battle?

we need that flame pit! LOL

good talkin to ya sir.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:50 AM

And this time we choose the EVO over the STi. This time.

oh and SCC also chose the evo over the sti? hmmms....

Old 03-20-2007, 12:56 AM

and wtf! did you not even read your own links? you just proved me right/.....

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/9043/bad-boy-sedans-page4.html'

grand total (235) 218 211 finishing order 1 2

looks like the evo came in 1st?

just dont reply to this theres nothin you can really say to it...you actually proved me right in saying the evo is better and the argument wasnt even about that...you changed couse you reallised i was right about the evo and lancer being completely different and non comparable...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 AM

some more examples for you

would you compare a base model ram to a cummins diesel?

a neon to an srt-4?

the lancer to the evo?

ram to the ram srt-10?

all have huge price diferences from base to the last model...you really have no point whatsoever...earlier you stated that the evo got more attention then it diserved and was over price then you say it deserved all the attention it gets? why even argue without a ****ing valid point? this is why e-fighting is retarded.

n my opinion the evo is way to much money. Not that its not a great car, but, I think its way overpriced
mitsu is to proud of the evo
hmm next page...

I think the evo is a bad car, or not worthy of all the praise it has recieved. It certanly does. It is a great car,
you change your mind again? at first its overpiced and too proud now its a great car and deserves all of the praise it gets?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 AM

ok lets use our brains here... corvette came befoe z06 therfore it is still a corvette.

Evo came before lancer threfore the Evo is not based off of a Lancer

Neon came before SRT4 so I say the SRT4 is a neon but still not compairable.

Seriously you just must not get it. all of the cars talked about in your post are all FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRr different classes and most are not compairable.as I said before there is plenty of reasons why the Evo cost what it does. it is packed with upgrades from the factory and gets you performance of a supercar honestly you know the cars that the Evo runs similar time as on a road course do cost about 3x more than the Evo right. For example the lambos Evos run with, lotus exige and so on they are all more expensive and all supercars. it makes the Evo look oddly ou f place both in looks and price cause it is considered cheap.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:40 AM

as far as neon VS srt4 its just a different engine and suspension bolted to the same body... ever looked atthem side by side on a lift? same car, different parts, one cost twice as much and will spank the **** out of the cheap one.

Quick Reply: To the Moderators