2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

To the Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Default RE: To the Moderators

the base lancer and the evo are differant because of the whole set up. One is AWD the other is FWD. One is turbo the other is N/A. But the biggest differance being the AWD part. Its a completly differant car held to a completly differant standard.

The mustang and the mustang gt are only engine and trim packages. Now if he regular mustang was four door and the gt was two and they had differant engines and differant suspension set ups. then i would consider them differant cars.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 AM

I liked the write up Soundcolor
Thanks for taking the time to post it.
The next step is to actually get folks to search for the info rather than to have it
[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/6AA622EB16C04ED6B176F19DDF756703.jpg[/IMG]
to them

Old 03-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

wow, sound i think you really need to know what your talking about before you start posting up garbage. Sure the STI might have a tiny bit more power, and maybe a little faster in the 1/4 mile. But hey i like how you only posted the specs of the evo 8. What a douche....The evo 9 is actually just as fast as the STI, oh and with very small mods it ALOT faster, not to mention what can those STI motors handle before blowing up the engine, i think its on the order of 350-400hp...so basically you get a turbo upgrade and your screwed. Ok now the evo, i think it handles somewhere around 550hp before you should start upgrading. Also the STI in handling is not gonna come anywhere close to the evo. The evo on road courses was able to compete with some of the extreme cars like the lotus and ferrari, i doubt the STI can say that.

Oh yea i love that drag times thing, it really helped your cause of the times between the fastest EVO and STI. Thank you

Oh and there is alot of stuff in that "SportCompact" that goes right against what your saying

1. Cornering and Handling

Not that the STi doesn't have good steering, it just isn't as articulate. There's more going on between the driver's hands and the front wheels of the STi to mute input and slow response. Subaru tells us the steering ratio is 15.2:1, which is quicker than the standard WRX's steering ratio of 16.5:1. Still, the resultant 2.7 turns lock-to-lock are considerably slower than the EVO's 2.1
2. Braking

Braking played out in favor of the EVO
The only thing that the STI really has over the evo is the drivetrain, thats it. Maybe you should definetly read before you post up a link that says the STI handling is "floaty" and "not as responsive".

If you want to say that the STI is the better car and you like it better, that fine but at least back it with a good arguement and not contradict yourself with these meaningless links.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 AM

jeez i wish i would have found this sooner! i can't believe this, the more i read and the more think Sound is either mentally retarded or he's snorting crack, either way you need to open your eyes. you are nagging b/c the lancer and the evo are so far apart in price? and b/c they are more expensive than other cars and they are 'too expensive'? ok you little 6 cyl mustangs that you showed in your first nagging post it's 19,995 i can walk in my freakin Eclipse 420a... next question. the fully loaded GT that goes for 27,620 will be walked by a completely stock EVO which you can get for under 20k these days FYI. so please besides the STI tell me what car anywhere near the cost of the EVO gives you even a taste of the performance, suspension, looks and technology of the EVO? no need to go hating on a car because you can't afford it and can't have one for yourself. not to mention that with a TBE, intake, cams and a flash (this is also known as a tuned ECU, wanted to spell it out for you though) you are up towards 330-335whp. i think we have all made our point very clear.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 AM

how about the fact my car has not even $900 in mods currently and It should run 12s all day long... Go put that in a GT mustang your gonna be lucky to run a 13.9.

Or how about having $6000 of mods and having close to 500HP and running mid 11s.

Oh and John the STi is not faster than the Evo in a 1\4. it is faster than the 03-04 VIIIs bu the 05s are the same (RS is faster) and the IX's are faster all around.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM

ok so now that ive read all this **** im ready to throw in my two since lol i noticed that the chevy name was thrown into the woodwork here and im ready to step up for it even though i noticed nobody really pulled the vette z06 in too far im ready to make my comparisons lol and as far as the vette goes im pretty sure in everything except handling obviously lol duh AWD vs RWD we know who takes that but as far as straight up power the z06 puts the evo to shame...the z06 comes stock w/ 498 whp and the evo like you guys said comes with 271 bhp big difference...and like someone else mentioned up there after about 6000 worth of work...which in my opinion if you just bought either of these cars then im sure you have the cash layin around you can get the evo up to about 500 hp but dump 6000 into a vette engine and easily your pushing over 1000 w/o breaking a sweat lol well thats about all i have to say thanks for reading ladies and gentlemen i'll be awaiting my crucifiction as soon as everyone reads this...PS i would still drive the **** out of a gst or gsx any day...

Old 03-20-2007, 12:47 PM

ok we are looking at an EVO (bhp is 186 btw) for apx 20k vs a Z06 which i don't follow but i'm guessing up i the 50's 60k's??? the whole point that Sound was trying to make was he was pissed that the EVO costs to much. so anybody who can't afford an EVO sure as hell can't affor a Z06. ntm that with 6k invested in an evo, will dust a z06.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 PM

lol i know i was just making my statement...and as far as the 6k lol if you put the same amount into the z06 and lined them up dont tell me you really think the evo would win...lol cmon now be realistic the evo will be just reaching 500 while the z06 will be reaching beyond 1000 lol ...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 PM

ok but if you look at it, that would then be a 26k evo vs a 56k vette.... we are talking a 30k difference.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 PM

haha no doubt about that lol...never said the price wouldnt cut your throat lol just saying the vette would def leave the evo lol even though they were talking about evo's running in the same league as lambo and ferrari...and those area way waaay waaaaaayyy more expensive then a vette

Quick Reply: To the Moderators