2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Default motor mounts

can anyone recommend any to me. just for street performance. my stock ones are pretty much done and i wanted to upgrade to some good mounts. nothing too expensive though.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned
Default RE: motor mounts

Just get polyurethane ones.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 PM

does brand matter or the cost? i saw some for 10 bucks and ive seen some for 85

Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

Yes brand does matter.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 AM

any top sellers? are all the mounts the same. so i just order 4. or do i really have to look into to see what ones there are. are there different mounts for the 4 different areas

Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

yes each mount is different. You cant just get 4 of the same thing. And i would stay away from cheap mounts. Its an important part to your car...what keeps the engine in the bay...not something you want to cheap out on.

IMO prothane are one of the best brands you can get. And for $70 its definetly worth it

Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM

and by getting 4 of the same he means 4 of the same brand, not the same mounts... just in case that didnt make sense to you. and prothane has them all packaged and together so you'll be fine as far as finding out which ones are for which

Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

and by getting 4 of the same he means 4 of the same brand, not the same mounts... just in case that didnt make sense to you. and prothane has them all packaged and together so you'll be fine as far as finding out which ones are for which
They come in a pack or you can get them individually. EPSI has them neatly in a pack.
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...298&page=1
Yes, the same brand would be ideal...I only know of two for our motors, Energy Suspension and Prothane. This site has both and you can see the difference between the two. Hint....Prothanes
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf..._Mount_Inserts
No, don't buy the same mount as all four are different as you can see from the site. I have a set of these from them as a matter of fact. This goes on my daily ride, so for me downtime needs to be at its most minimal. If this is true for you too, might I suggest finding a spare set for nothing more than getting them pressed (and removed if you choose) without having to take the set off your car. **Ooops, just remembered your car is still in progress, right? So, downtime means nothing. lol

If this makes you tilt your head, this is what you have to do to remove the stock rubbers and metal sleeve on all but the front mount (those are just inserted). There are homebrew ways of burning/cutting the rubber/sleeve out or you can have them removed at a shop.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM

arite thanks for the info. ill look into those sites. ill most likely take it to a shop cuse i know ill f^c< something up....suuure my cars in progress. not much to do with a gs

Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 PM

the $72 bucks or whatever is for the whole set on the extremepsi site? or is that just the picture. and it says fits all 4g63. so those wouldnt fit a 420a?

Quick Reply: motor mounts