2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

My new 1999 GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Default RE: My new 1999 GS

ORIGINAL: nick_200321

nate, how are you gonna tell him he cannot swap a 4g63 in?? he sure as hell can, now should he?? no but he can if his little heart desired to.. it just costs more than what it is worth but it can be done.. hey lewis, lets see some pics of ur ride bro
I said that because you literally cant do it. Space wont allow and so much else, you know that. Whats the point in even getting his hopes up that he can swap it to end up with a gst that could have been purchased for thousands less....? XFadeLD- thats the most smilies i've ever seen used in one post

Old 11-25-2007, 10:56 AM

Hahaha yeah i know, i was like hmm, my post looks boring so let me spice it up...... alot. But yeah, Basically space is the issue, dont even bother running it through your head to try to swap it in. Get yourself a gsx or gst man, youll love it.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 PM

yeah im looking into getting one now...thanks for the help guys

Old 11-25-2007, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Lewis91

yeah im looking into getting one now...thanks for the help guys
Lewis-I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought my '99 GS back in April without doing a lot of research, but I'm definitely happy with it.

I've accepted the fact that I can't make it really fast without dumping a wad of cash into it, so I'm using it for what I bought it for-a gas sipper. I've been getting between 28-30 mpg with this little beauty, and it is sure a lot of fun to drive. No, I'm not going to be breaking any speed records with it, but that's OK, I'll live with it. Maybe in the future I can snag a GST or GSX, who knows. But, for now, I'll be satisfied getting the great mileage compared to my big ol' Dodge Ram at 12 mpg.

Post some pics of your ride when you can.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Natedogg89
I said that because you literally cant do it. Space wont allow and so much else, you know that. Whats the point in even getting his hopes up that he can swap it to end up with a gst that could have been purchased for thousands less....? XFadeLD- thats the most smilies i've ever seen used in one post
Actually literally it is possible as nick had said . Since it has been done twice that i know of so far. However like nick said its expensive, alot of work, and not really worth it. You have to do fabrication to get the engine to fit in there and also make some motor mounts. But with time, skill, and money anything is possible

Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

ORIGINAL: Natedogg89
Actually literally it is possible as nick had said . Since it has been done twice that i know of so far. However like nick said its expensive, alot of work, and not really worth it. You have to do fabrication to get the engine to fit in there and also make some motor mounts. But with time, skill, and money anything is possible
Ok whatever, but still there isn't anything positive to come out of the swap. Like i said before why spend, this is just for my point, $8000 to swap a 4g63 in a RS when you could have had a gst for $5000 and far less time wasted. We are starting to get off topic on something that doesnt really matter anyway and has been discussed how many time before. Ill admit i was wrong in saying the swap is impossible but who is really going to attempt it unless you have a deep desire and deep pockets to put a 4g63 in a rs/gs besides the few who have already done it.