2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Need help with 2g RS . newbi

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Default RE: Need help with 2g RS . newbi

I think injen makes a good intake for the gs. As for exhaust i would either go with Greddy or Apexi. They are both great brands but can get a little pricey.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM

well you can go a couple ways on the intake, if you have money get a AEM or Injen, a name brand. If you don't you can get one off ebay and then replace the filter with a K and N. I have a few friends that did that and it works out great. But I tried to install a CAI (one that puts the filter away from the engine bay) on my friends GS and we were going to have to re locate the horn to make it work. I would just go with a short ram. That way you dont have to worry about hydrolock.

For exhaust I personally like magnaflow, they have a soudn clip you can listen to that has your motor.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ort&id=237
click on the sound clips.

There are many others that are great too, it is really just prefrence of sound you won't notice that big of a difference between brands.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 PM

I have an Injen intake if your interested. 55 shipped, its just takin up space in my dads garage.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:47 AM

Since the car not meant to go fast than a comfort, smooth, luxury ride sound good to me. If you looking in this area I will recommend Tein, Skunk 2, H&R, and there alot more plus better handling for the vehicle.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Thanks alot dorian I like that sound clip. I like the sound on it. jLH I will let you know about the intake im gonna go look at some today

Overall with a new intake and exhaust what do think the increase hp would be. Just so i know. I know its not huge

Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM

check 123

Old 12-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Check stock horsepower and add 3....lol.....but seriously. But it will sound good.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Yea I like the sound of that mangaflow. Injen might be a little pricy for my rs uknow. I saw they make a hydroshield now for the coldairs to prevent hydrolock.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 AM

Seriously, enjoy your ride for now and come up with a plan on what you want to do with your car; performance, handling, etc. If your ultimate goal is for some decent hp gains, then save up for a turbo kit. The 420a isn't a dog as some would say. It just wasn't build to produce the kind of power as the 4G63T so it never received any beefed-up internals like it's rival. However, you can still turbo the motor safely under 8lbs (with a tune) on stock internals. Do some research on here or on the web and you'll find a lot of information on how to wake up this sleeper.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:26 PM

dont bother with any engine swap for your RS/GS, its not worth the money and time to do it. by the time you would fab. up parts, heavily modify the engine bay, convert rear drum to disk, ect...you could have bought a GST or a GSX. my opinion just put the whole exhaust/intake treatment on it and save for a GSX/T if you want power. if not, the GS/RS are always good to throw on a body kit and look good.

Quick Reply: Need help with 2g RS . newbi