2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New eclipse and have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Default New eclipse and have a few questions

i just bought a 98 nonturbo eclipse and i was wondering what turbo every1 would suggest putting in it. something not too expensive but with enough power to satisfy me. and on that note any other modifications to put on it? it has exhaust rims and is lowered but thats bout it.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New eclipse and have a few questions

You cant just "slap" a turbo on it. You need to have supporting mods with it in order to be able to run it. Just so you know your looking at probably at least 1500 to 2000 to turbo it. And that would be doing it the cheap way. And how are we supposed to know what will satisfy you. What are you looking to get out of this for speed. The RS/GS was not meant to be a fast car, so dont expect it to be. Please use the search button also because this stuff has been discussed

Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM

i didnt expect to just 'slap' a turbo on it i was refering to a turbo kit and which one i should look into getting. i didnt expect to make the gs a fast car, by saying 'something enough to satisfy me', 'and a cheaper one' should be enough information to infer that. but yah just looking to get some tips on what turbo kit to get that would b the best for the money, cause i know some out there are expensive but dont live up to what they say.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

wella couple places that are good would be www.cimotorsports.net or www.hahnracecraft.com. They sell pretty quality kits. But remember even though it says its a kit. Doesnt mean it has every thing you mean. What are you looking to spend be cause like i said on the very cheap side your looking at around 2k. Oh and those to places arnt the cheaper ones. If you want the cheap ones youd have to go to ebay. And the only place on there i have seen that people used was treadstone. Some people say the kit is good and others say its not that great. But turboing a NT car is never gonna be cheap

EDIT: Actually the more i look for the kits again im gonna change my answer on the price. Its gonna be more in the 2500-3000 range

Old 03-21-2007, 08:20 PM

with the CIMotorsports.net turbo system you still need injectors, clutch, tuning device, wideband and tune to get the full potential out of it. not to mention a new bottom end rebuild. with the Hahnracecraft.com kit you still need (stage 2) injectors, clutch, wideband, tuning device. so the most you are going to get out of this car before you have to build the bottom end is 200whp if that. then you have to spend another 1k to get your bottom end built, and then retuned. so it will easily run you over 4-5k to actuall put the car with any power. which you can buy a gs-t for the same price as the turbo kit...

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

well i still think it would be possible for 3k, you just wouldnt have all the full potential of it

Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 PM

yah thats a prety big investment i did get the car for free so maybe i should look into just getting a new one. hmm other than a turbo what hsould i put into it?

Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 AM

how bout you sell it and get a gst/gsx

Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

yea if you got it for free it sounds like a good oportunity to get some cash and buy a car with more potential and a better engine to start with.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 AM

there isn't much you can do to an n/a car w/o turbo'ing it. catback exhaust, cold air intake, tune, head work, port n polish thorottlebody and intake manifold... other than that. you can go nitrous but that's basically the end of the line.

Quick Reply: New eclipse and have a few questions