2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

new guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Default RE: new guy

ok lol here i am to save the day. the car you have is crap, i know. i've had mine for almost 2 years and was literly a bolt away from turbo'ing it but got some since knocked into me.... if you are lookin for 450whp... 1 in a fwd car, you won't get any traction until late 3rd, mabey 4th. 2 the engine you have will need some major overhauling... sleeved block, serious internals w/ custom pistons b/c the lowest compression i ever found for it was 8.5:1. the head will need new everything not to mention some oversized vlaves and a hell of a valve job. 3 turbo, you are lookin at prolly a 1500-2k turbo for it after spending apx 5k on an engine like that, then you'll need a bad *** trani (95-99 neon r/t has best trani for our cars). 4 clutch, prolly something like a spec stage 5+ or 6. 5 - small stuff, injectors, wideband, boost gauge, egt gauge, fmic, piping, bov, intake manifold, cutstom throttle body, axles, engine management (w/ something that powerful prolly lookin at standalone), fuel pump, ignition... all around prolly lookin close to 15-20k..... GET A GS-T OR GSX basically sums it all up, and for an estimated 5k you can get that much power

Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you RCJ for fixing this thread and setting it straight . Like he said your looking at alot more than 3k. And Sang why would you still be telling him to drop a 4g63 in there. You obviously dont realize what hes gonna need to do that. He would need basically an whole 1g donor car to complete the swap. And thats the easiest way to do it.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 AM

to swap the 4g63t into the eclipse rs/gs.... you are basically better off buying a gs-t or gsx and then cutting off the front clip of both cars and swapping it... but why do that when you have a gs-t or gsx right there...... lol but seriously, you would literaly have to completly strip your engine bay of EVERTYHING, put the 4g63 in there, custom fab up some motormounts, then start placing everything else back in there, after you get everything back in there you need a new ecu, new suspension, new trani, axels, harness and the list goes on and on and on. nobody is trying to be a dick on here just telling you flat out that is is not a good car to try to make fast. trust me, i tried lol. so if you are lookin for a nice looking daily driver... get a tune up onth eclipse, mabey swap out the head gasket before it goes on you, and make it show.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the info ill get back to you on what i end up going with. I just need to get racing again. Once i get back on the track for a little while then well see how far we can strech the boundries, Cause i like the idea of a rwd and the fabrication is free so... that just leaves parts. Speaking of which the last decent turner shop around here just folded. So i guess what would be my best bet for parts via internet. Not ebay or anything like that.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 PM

well hers my deal. i looked at lots of eclipse's. but unfortunately i live in connecticut. So between all the sand and salt, plus the mysterious crankwalk issue. I had some real trouble findin a suitable base for my project. My dad's buddies are all muscle car gear heads so they will help on the engine. And a couple of my friends went to autobody school for customization. So i have the expertise, the will, 3000 plus hopefully another 4000 when i get my income tax. So if anyone is from this area and knows of any gs-t or gsx's floatin around then all means let me know before i start all this.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 AM

ok here we go. My dad just called me and told me about a 97 gs-t 2.0 I4 5 speed for 4500 with 120,000. So would this be a suitable replacement to my rs or should i stay lookin for a gsx

Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Banned

Stay lookin for a GSX...

Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 AM

if ur wanting to get outon the track... gsx all the way, you can't beat awd

Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 PM

that is a pretty good deal on that gs-t tho... as long as it is in good condition

Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

not really, thats an average price

Quick Reply: new guy