2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Angry No Spark

I have a 99 eclipse rs, last week it died on me a couple times, just driving down the road and it turned off, but then started right back up. Yesterday came out of work would not start at all, no spark what so ever, tested every relay we could find, MFI relay was bad so I replaced that, still nothing. Tested everything electrical that we could think of on the whole car nothing is getting any power at all. Thought it was the PCM but that also has no power going to it, so I'm thinking it's someting before that.... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I've kind of run out of options???? NO codes are coming up either, it just keeps telling me to check the connection?

Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Thats weird i wonder if it could be ur alternator.... I find it kinda strange that it's throwing no codes tho...

Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM

No the alternator's good, I really can't figure this out, I don't know what else it could possibly be???? Any suggestions, Please Help!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

so is it turning over? Are any lights (ie dash panel) comming on? Or do you have absolutely no power.

I would start by checking the terminals on the battery for corrosion. I had a problem where my car kept dying and then starting and stuff like that and i was embarrased when i took it to a shop and they showed me it was my terminals, haha

Old 08-05-2010, 12:30 PM

No, battery is good to. All the interior lights and radio and everything come on and it turns over, it just doesn't start. Spark plugs and wires are new, coil pack is new, the mfi relay is new and every other fuse and relay we could find we tested and everything's good??? Completely confused??? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Last edited by Manda; 08-05-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

maybe a bad ground...i dont know what to tell you. I am terrible with electrical problems. and that is what it sounds like to me

Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM

Don't know what else to do so I'm just gonna replace the PCM and see what happens... had to order one online so will update once I finally get it. Thanks for trying everyone!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

i thought you said you werent getting power to the ECU?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:30 AM

I'm not getting power to the ECU but I've run out of options. I can't find any bad wires or anything. I don't really know where else to look. No one seems to know what it could be. A friend of mine had almost the exact same problems and his was the ECU, but his was picking up codes, and mines not. So I'm just gonna replace it and see what happens?? We tested all the connections before the ECU and everything's fine. So I know the problem is either in or around it. Everything from the ECU on has no power!?!

Last edited by Manda; 08-06-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Cool the same problem happend to me

on my 96 gst was happennig the same one day i was running on the freeway and the car suddendly turn off on me and i couldnt figure it out until one day i check the wires that run from the battery to the fuse box and they were loose so i recomend you to check those wires they have to be 4 white wires that run directly to the fuse box and check under the box they migth be loose and that very dangerous your ECU could probably be burnt if it happens alot of times so check them out!!!!!

Quick Reply: No Spark